• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Had you put your sidearm in your car and returned to at least immerse yourself in a mature conversation about your right to carry I would look at your situation differently.

Instead you took your gun and went home.

Sorry, but I don't see that you promoted our agenda at ALL!

As a matter of fact you most likely put people off.

If Rosa Parks had just kept her mouth shut.. she didnt help the Civil Rights Agenda at ALL! As a matter of fact, she most likely put people off..

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    so had you been at the same event, me OC'ing and you CC'ing. Would you have disarmed yourself when I as the OC'er was asked to or would you have kept your mouth shut and allowed and enforced a double standard.

I would have stood next to you and involved myself in the conversation.

Yet it could never have went that far.

Had you been mature enough to respect their opinion and stick around to state yours maybe, and quite possibly , a CC'er there would have stepped up and done the same.

You will never know.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    My wife and i got invited to a 25th wedding anniversary for one of her cousins. We got there at about 3p when it was to start. At the time only a handful of people were there but it quickly filled up. I noticed and pointed out to my wife another man (we'll call him Frank) that was, like me, openly carrying. After going outside for a smoke and the typical gun conversation, Frank and I went back in and had the meal.

When we were finished we decided to let the kids run and play on the equipment. Another guy quickly followed me out and instantly asked "Why do you carry?" I processed to tell him for my personal and family protection. He then said by law I had to conceal carry it in Indiana. I told him that according to the state of Indiana it didn't matter how I carried as long as I had the license to carry, Frank said the same thing and that he could go to Indiana.gov to read up on the law. That's when the man asked if I had my LTCH, I told him that yes I do have my LTCH. Then he started asking question's like "what are you afraid of?" and saying things like "well your at a family event" and other things of that nature. The entire time he was saying those things, he was not getting in my face but still within my personal space.

That's when the guy went over another man that was standing around by his truck and asked him if me and Frank where right. He was then told that yes we were correct and that we could openly carry if we wanted to. At this point the man standing by his truck identified himself as a sheriff with vanderburgh county. The sheriff went on to say that as this was a private event and that the building was being rented by the family and it was up to them on whether or not to allow the carry of weapons. However, he also went on to say that they preferred that we leave the weapons in our cars. After a few minutes of talking back and forth between me, the sheriff, and the man who had started this whole thing, the sheriff came right out and said that we could either just go ahead and place the weapons in our cars or leave.

So at this point, as I have done in the past, I gathered my family up and left. I noticed that as I was getting the kids into the car and the wife was saying goodbye to some of the family member's there that she was closer to, that Frank was also doing the same thing as me and gathering his family up and leaving.

After leaving and getting out of eye sight of the group, Frank and i stood and talked about the whole ordeal. I apologized and he said that it was not my fault but theirs. I guess the bright side of this whole ordeal was that my wife has decided that she is most definitely going to get her LTCH and carry as well... all this took place in about 2.5 hours.

357 I think you failed to read this section of my first post.

As I stated a conversation did take place, while the busybody did his best to be the loudest and most vocal. I and "Frank" did try to calmly and rationally argue our point of view, and yet we were still over-ruled.

I see that you never answered my question as asked. Just because you stand beside someone and involve yourself into a conversation doesn't mean you take the same stance as that person.

let me plainly ask the question this time would you as a CC'er disarmed yourself or left just as I did when told to disarm or leave, or would you have kept the fact that you were carrying a concealed firearm and basicly enforced a double standard on people that OC.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    As I stated a conversation did take place,

With two people???

Had you stuck around you could have engaged many more in the conversation!!

If you can't handle the consequenses, reactions of others, while open carrying ( which includes engaging yourself in a reasonable discussion) than you should CC.

Then we wouldn't have this ridiculous thread in which people compare religion/civil rights and an old womans health issues with the CHOICE of open carry.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think he did take a stand. "I won't be where my rights aren't respected."

Tell me, those who think that he should have disarmed and returned, what will he have taught them? I think it's along the lines of "If we don't like guns, all we have to do is ask and they'll go away." And in their gun-hating fairyland, I suppose that makes them feeeeeeeel safer. Unfortunately, the guest who happened to be a deputy seems to have fostered that.

Here's a quick question: Let's just suppose he had disarmed and the busybody had been the guy waiting for his chance to shoot up a family gathering. Now the one weapon we know was present to deal with that problem has been removed. Still think it's a good idea to disarm and return? Sure, either way, the BG is going to shoot the place up, but if he does *after* removing the threat, doesn't that support our position better than an appeasement strategy?

Sure worked for the guy in the dark suit, didn't it?
    chamberlain_hitler.jpg

I CC, but I staunchly defend the right to OC, and the efforts to educate the ignorant... and by that term, I mean those who just don't know. Ignorance can be fixed.

Also still waiting for an answer to the following:

As for, "then someone complained and he had to say something.", I agree, he did, to the complainer: "Sir, these gentlemen are acting within the law and are acting very civilly. Your preference to not see guns doesn't override their right to be lawfully armed. Unless you've rented this venue, you can tell them you don't like it, and they can tell you to pound sand somewhere. Now... How about we all go back inside and enjoy the rest of the afternoon?"

Why is it that "he had to say something" always seems to mean, "he had to tell the guy who's breaking no laws that he has to leave"?

Blessings,
    Bill

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    And there is the difference.... while you and your wife were leaving a family event of hers...Those of us who would choose to CC at a private FAMILY event would have stayed...AGAIN!!! ...your choice.

Again!! Deal with the consequences.

So you think you took a stand.....fine.

You probably won't have to take the same stand with those people again, that is your choice.

you probably won ZERO! converts to the 2nd amendment, again...no tact!

How many have you won by CC?

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    With two people???

two people... let's see hmmm

there was me(1), "Frank"(2), busybody(3), Vc off-duty Sheriff there as a guest(4) and at least 3 others that while not contributing to the conversation, were there around us.

again you are leaving things out from my first post so that events fit your way of thinking.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    With two people???

If you can't handle the consequenses, reactions of others, while open carrying ( which includes engaging yourself in a reasonable discussion) than you should CC.

Then we wouldn't have this ridiculous thread in which people compare religion/civil rights and an old womans health issues with the CHOICE of open carry.

Had he stuck around, he would have had to do so disarmed unless he wanted the busybodies to cause a scene because they were offended because they are friggin idiots.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    With two people???

If you cannot make valid arguments, and cannot discern facts, or recognize hyperbolic levity, you should not argue with people far more intellectually mature than you.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    On that day the wife wanted to go to Pap John's first, but the one near there doesn't have a dinning area so. We did end up going down the road to Taco Bell/KFC and spent about $40 there instead.

I will also say that my wife's mother and brother have worked for Papa John's in the past so

Arent Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut owned by the same company though?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

What about religion is not choice? Do I not choose to be Christian? Could I not instead choose to be Jewish?

You have completely missed the point of the thread, and the points of everyone who is trying to explain it to you.

In your mind, you may be doing quite well in this argument, but you aren't even arguing the same thing as the rest of us. It's like you went to a book club for a discussion on a novel, and you read the wrong book.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think they are just didn't realize that at the time and the kids were beginning to complain even louder that they were hungry.

Yeah, I hear ya, and those chicken bites are delicious. We are going to business with some companies that do not agree with our rights, that is just part of it, no matter how hard we may try.

Top Bottom