Three dead, possible 6 from tainted heroin in Bloomington.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Three dead, one more waiting to die from tainted heroin in Bloomington.

Checked the news and have not seen anything about it.

Medical friend says three have died at IU Bloomington hospital from bad heroin. At least three more are in bad shape and might not make it. They know it is a from the same dealer and they think there might be a few who may be dead alone in homes and apartments. Time will tell.

You think this would have made the news. The deaths are from infections from whatever is in the drugs and not the heroin.

update

one living dead...on a ventilator until the organs fail which could be years or more.

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Somebody trying to make more $$$ cut the H with rat poison or something to get more weight. Shoot that **** (whatever they used to cut it) and you're done.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Bad" Heroin? In my experience, most of the fatalities have been because it was too "good" (ie pure).

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Ahhhh Herion, its been a self cleaning oven since 1898.

I lost quite a few childhood friends to Opiates.. Sad sad life.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If they were good at foreseeing consequences, they wouldn't be addicted to heroin.

I'm not surprised it doesn't make the news. It's too common to be news worthy.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My sister has been seeing heroin od's and or deaths every week in the hospital for a while now. It seems no one cares.

Heard a story from a woman a couple weeks ago who drives for Medicaid about how she drives addicts to their Dr's appointments to get their Suboxone. The kicker is most don't want the help and sell their Suboxone as soon as they can. Some even have the balls to ask her to drive them places to do it.

We're paying for them to get help, their ride to the doctor and their meds. How much more messed up can it get?

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have heard from reliable medical sources that most of the heroin showing up in central Indiana is cut with Fentanyl. I'm no expert, but my understanding is that it is a slow-release drug and when it is injected/snorted/etc with the heroin it is extremely fast acting. The body can't handle its effects when they come on so quickly and the user stops breathing and if they don't have a buddy (or someone else) there to call for help, they done.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The wreckage of the shattered families from the poor judgment of these people is where the pity should be directed.
    This is bound to upset those who use drugs recreationally, but my belief about drug users is that they are substituting chemicals for sex, i.e. they either don't get it at all, or they're very poor at it.
    There are other reasons, such as mental instability or broken relationships, but before you dismiss it out of hand, think about it: How often do you hear a hard drug user describe his high as akin to sex?
    Take hard drugs, and you're running under the assumption that something that's essentially already a poison in and of itself isn't diluted with other more toxic substances.
    Which has the more dangerous side effects, playing Russian Roulette with your arteries, or temporarily having Gumby Legs and sleepiness?

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Cat herding is easier than helping someone kick heroin. Just understanding what is so attractive about it is a head-scratcher given all of the negatives associated with it. On my end, we'll only handle cases where the family agrees to keep funeral services private in order to not have to deal with the addict friends of the OD du jour who would always show up in droves and always leave their drug residue behind for us to handle. Needles in the restrooms were not unusual. I've always tried to adhere to "Hate the addiction, not the addict" over the years but with heroin it's easy to hate both.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I've heard Dayton is a heroin hub.

It's there in Dayton, but heroin is all over Tippecanoe County, not just Dayton.

Dayton is definitely a hub. Many violent crime (which is on the rise) arrests in Richmond are perps with a Dayton address. Any town with a stop sign is a town with heroin users who don't seem to care where it comes from or who is selling it to them..

Top Bottom