• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    An original PPK or PPK/S in .22lr would be great. I have a Walther TPH in .22 that is a tiny ball of teutonic fun.

However, the new or current rimfire PPK/S is a low cost copy made by Umarex. It has decent reviews but should not be considered a classic PPK/S. Most all .22 pistols are fun in some way though.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My thought, as a new shooter. I want one. Just because it is so iconic, and would be fun to shoot.

I keep debating on it, the Walther P22 Target, and the Ruger SR22 4" as my next gun as I want a 22LR for fun shooting.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    There is a Walther PPK/s in the classified now. It looks good, built in Germany and is all steel. $400.
    Better go to work on the other 17 post or pay the $20 for site supporter.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have been on the prowl since last May looking, researching and buying .22 caliber revolvers and semi-automatics. (been away from guns since 1990)
    In the semi-autos I researched and researched reading reviews and complaints about all of them.
    I ended up buying the Smith and Wesson M/P Compact 22 for $300 at Rural King b/c I thought it to be the most reliable bang-for-the-buck that I could find.
    I couldn't find anyone saying anything negative about it, and it never came up for sale here or on Armslist or Hoosier Armory where I look daily.
    There are many I would love try out: the Walther, Ruger, Browning and etc. I would love to find "the right" 1911 22LR (had a Sig Sauer 1911-22, but I traded it b/c of a good trade available for something else I wanted to try).
    I shot a few 22LRs at the range, renting them, and I was glad I choose the Smith M/P Compact for the money: it shot better than all of them including the Mark 4, which came highly recommended like the Browning Buchmark Target, and they are even a higher price point.

Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    My thought, as a new shooter. I want one. Just because it is so iconic, and would be fun to shoot.

I keep debating on it, the Walther P22 Target, and the Ruger SR22 4" as my next gun as I want a 22LR for fun shooting.

Iconic is a good word to describe the PPK! Something about it just appeals to me.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Saw a couple on Armslist last evening, one was only $250 and even got my attention, but I have bought too many lately, and I'm trying to stay content with my S/W M/P Compact 22 (although I'm open to a 1911 22LR when I figure out which/if to buy (had a Sig already!).

Top Bottom