• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Anyone have much experience with lcr in 22 mag. They’ve always intrigued me. I think mostly because of the 22 mag. It is a caliber I always go back to for fun plinking.

noticed online the fiber optic sights I’ve put on my lcr 38 say they do not fit 22lr or 22mag version. That was disheartening but so far this little revolver that weighs nothing and carries an adequate defense rounds seems like something I may enjoy.

the trigger is supposed to be better than smith 351c I had and let go.

what are everyone else’s thoughts? I know I don’t see them for sale often in stores or on second hand market.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I would look at the 327 before the 22mag. Just a touch heavier being on the "magnum" lcr frame, but with 32 longs the recoil is manageable by anyone, and doesn't have the nasty roar and blast the 22mag has out of a short barrel. Much better trigger as well.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I picked one up. I liked the trigger on it better than a 351c I had. At the time (before I got this one) I didn’t realize that it was heavier and seems bigger than the old 351c.

trigger is decent on it and like you said no recoil. I’m not 100 percent sure I like it now it’s mine or not

offthegrid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2021
    Warsaw
    I appreciate the info from you all. I am intrigued by this little revolver as well. I haven't handled the 327, like someone mentioned above, but a friend has the .22 wmr and after I put a few rounds through it, I am on the hunt for one.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Jay didn't a few ammo companies come our with short barrel 22 magnum rds? It seems like I read about it somewhere.
    Yes, Gold Dot for short barrel is what I'm aware of. Not sure if there's more now.
    I was planning on getting the wife a .22mag LCR awhile back , but after looking into it it was less than impressive.
    The Gold Dot actually does expand better than something like a MaxiMag, but the penetration is still lacking. If you watch some basic gel test it looks decent, but if you do the same test with clothing and meat in front of the gel it shows the lack of penetration. On top of that the Gold Dot was over twice as expensive and availability was next to none (at that time). She shot a buddies CZ83 and really liked it, so I got her one. Actually thanks to INGO I got her and my daughter one. For low recoil defense pistols 32 would be my minimum.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My wife had a Ruger LCR in .22 WMR and we sold it because she didn't like the trigger!
    Picked her up a S&W 351C in .22 WMR and she likes the trigger better...it's smoother!
    The S&W 351C also 'pocket-carries' much better for her.
    It seems to fit in her style pockets better with out 'sticking' like the Hogue rubber grip.
    Gold Dots work great in it as do the CCI's .22 WMR!

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I appreciate the info from you all. I am intrigued by this little revolver as well. I haven't handled the 327, like someone mentioned above, but a friend has the .22 wmr and after I put a few rounds through it, I am on the hunt for one.
    The .327 is a gem. With the full power .327 magnums, you are right at .357 power levels out of a 2" barreled gun. But you have a six shot, not a 5 shot. You can also shoot 32 H&R magnum, 32 S&W Long and Short and in a pinch, .32ACP.

A 32 Long full wadcutter is not a poor choice for self defense, when recoil is a limiting factor.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The .327 is a gem. With the full power .327 magnums, you are right at .357 power levels out of a 2" barreled gun. But you have a six shot, not a 5 shot. You can also shoot 32 H&R magnum, 32 S&W Long and Short and in a pinch, .32ACP.

A 32 Long full wadcutter is not a poor choice for self defense, when recoil is a limiting factor.

Although I'm with you on the .327 love, the words highlighted in red above, is not my idea of a fun time! :cool:
    For that matter, 22 magnum in short barrels is LOUD.

My .327's:

Ruger SP101 3"
    Ruger GP100 4"
    Henry 16" Carbine lever action

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Although I'm with you on the .327 love, the words highlighted in red above, is not my idea of a fun time! :cool:
    For that matter, 22 magnum in short barrels is LOUD.

My .327's:

Ruger SP101 3"
    Ruger GP100 4"
    Henry 16" Carbine lever action

Fun.....?????? Maybe the first cylinder or so. And then at dusk to watch the fireball....once.

The LCR does soak up a good amount of recoil. The full house .327s were much easier, to me, on my hands than just about any healthy .38sp from a 642.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had an LCR in .327 magnum...but it just didn't feel right in my hand with the small Hogue rubber grip...so I sold it.
    I do want a 3 or 4" (probably leaning more towards the 4") SP101 in .327 magnum...it's a pretty potent little round!
    The .327 magnum provides for excellent penetration (#2 concern after placement) without the heavier recoil of a .357 magnum!

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I had an LCR in .327 magnum...but it just didn't feel right in my hand with the small Hogue rubber grip...so I sold it.
    I do want a 3 or 4" (probably leaning more towards the 4") SP101 in .327 magnum...it's a pretty potent little round!
    The .327 magnum provides for excellent penetration (#2 concern after placement) without the heavier recoil of a .357 magnum!

I bought the 3" SP101 before the 4" was a thing. Wish I'd also bought the 4" when it first came out. The GP100 is pretty cool with 7 rounds of 115 gr Gold Dot HP coming out at 1400 fps. But it's a hefty one to haul around with you.

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Fun.....?????? Maybe the first cylinder or so. And then at dusk to watch the fireball....once.

The LCR does soak up a good amount of recoil. The full house .327s were much easier, to me, on my hands than just about any healthy .38sp from a 642.

Fun with fireballs! If you shoot the 22 mag PMR-30 on a really dark night, you'll be seeing stars by the time you fire all 30 rounds.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you get the lcr in 38 special and use 148gr wadcutter match ammo. It hardly has any recoil and you have more power than a 22 magnum in this type of revolver.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I consider a snub-nosed revolver for up close personal protection. They are not that great for target shooting although I can usually hit the target. That said, I don't like a rimfire caliber for self-defense because rim-fired ammo is never as reliable as centerfire.

Top Bottom