• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    hell, if you've had the same cell phone since 1984 i can imagine you'd be impressed with the droid!! gotta weigh about 12lbs. less that that brick you were carrying!! :D:D:D

Heh, his cell phone would have been as big as a droid for sure! :):

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I just picked up the Samsung Infuse 4G... Almost got the Atrix, but I wanted a bigger screen with Super Amoled. Plus, the Atrix is really buggy. Keep receipts. You have 30 days to return it to ATT if it acts up. Great specs, though. Just make sure it is operating correctly.

Couple apps you need right away:

Pulse news reader
    Evernote.... if you are in business,this note app is amazing.
    Elixir... a must have widget
    Find the amazon appstore (go to amazon.com)... it offers a free app everyday
    Pandora
    Polaris or Quickoffice
    EasyTether Pro for using your phone as an internet device for your computer
    Free Music App
    Beautiful Widgets
    Weatherbug
    App Organizer... must have

This is just a start. Play with the phone. You will find the droid system is limitless. Much more robust and customizable than iOS, but more complicated.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Barcode Scanner
    ShopSavvy -Both will scan upc codes. ShopSavvy will show you online and local prices for the product. It will then map out the route to the store you choose to shop at. Its great for pricier items like TVs.
    TubeMate-Link to your youtube account if you have one. Will let you view and download to your phone videos

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I got the same phone when it came out. When I get to work I will post up what I apps/widgets I have found useful. I have been very happy, that dual core chip is screaming fast.

The otterbox commuter case is great also btw, good protection without being super huge.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Launcher Pro- Must have for droid phones.
    GPS toggle, easily turn off and on the gps from an icon on the home screen saves battery.
    Handcent sms
    Evernote
    Dropbox
    Scanner (police scanner)
    Pure Messenger Widget( show emails on widget)
    Business Calender (show google cal on widget)
    Vlingo much better than google voice app.
    Silent Mode (toggle ringer on off)

My home page set up shows my latest emails (scrolling) a short list of my calender, GPS toggle and ringer on off toggle. I have 4 icons that I have set up on my home page that are one touch icons. I hit them they call or text depending on who Use contact quick tasks for that and resize them using launcher pro.

I dictate all searches and sms's with vlingo, faster than typing.

Oh dont forget angry birds!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Advanced Task Killer

I don't know. I can close apps manually and it doesn't take but 10 seconds, 30 max, if I have a bunch. On my phone there are two ways to exit a program, and one actually closes it. So it's a moot point anyway.

Recommendations: a battery widget. Not essential (most phones probably provide a notice at certain battery life level--mine does 15 and 5 percent remaining warnings), but if you're at 25% when you go to bed and you have background apps running, you might wake up with a dead phone.

Peruse the market. I've found most of the apps are superfluous and I don't use them. But it really does depend on how you use your phone. If it's mostly just a communication device, you probably won't need/use half the ones you download. At least that's been my experience. Of course, if it's used for productivity purposes, that's another story.

Top Bottom