This Takes A Special Kind Of Stupid (Iron Man 3 Movie Stunt)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I'm not going to comment on the subject because I wasn't there and I know how the media likes to bend the truth for the sake of entertainment. But it does sound to me like things got blown out of portion.
    Regardless, I hate to think if I was to ever open carry an AR that there are people here that would draw one me or even shoot me with no question asked.
    I hate to be the guy who had to explain to my kids in court why he killed their dad for practicing his 2A rights.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm not going to comment on the subject because I wasn't there and I know how the media likes to bend the truth for the sake of entertainment. But it does sound to me like things got blown out of portion.
    Regardless, I hate to think if I was to ever open carry an AR that there are people here that would draw one me or even shoot me with no question asked.
    I hate to be the guy who had to explain to my kids in court why he killed their dad for practicing his 2A rights.
    Depends on how you were carrying it now doesn't it

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Police responded to several of these panicked theatergoers' 911 calls, with Capt. Doug Shoemaker later telling local news affiliates it was a good thing an off-duty officer wasn’t in attendance, because he likely would have failed to realize this was just the fun kind of surprise armed invasion.

And I'm sure the responding officers who actually interviewed the people involved are just overreacting as well. Do retarded things, bad things happen to you.

Movie theater manager finds way to make Iron Man 3 exciting by having fake gunmen storm the screening | Film | Newswire | The A.V. Club

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Police responded to several of these panicked theatergoers' 911 calls, with Capt. Doug Shoemaker later telling local news affiliates it was a good thing an off-duty officer wasn’t in attendance, because he likely would have failed to realize this was just the fun kind of surprise armed invasion.

And I'm sure the responding officers who actually interviewed the people involved are just overreacting as well. Do retarded things, bad things happen to you.

Movie theater manager finds way to make Iron Man 3 exciting by having fake gunmen storm the screening | Film | Newswire | The A.V. Club

Cause the police NEVER overreacted before.
    "Officer Maxey" cough.

Or officer from Ohio.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    What are we all so scared of? I am not firing until there is a direct threat. If I see something suspect, I will take cover and prepare myself until the threat arises. Easier said than done, yes, but I hate living in fear of little brown men under my bed, or some armed madman who is going to rape me in front of my wife (or something like that). You have a sidearm, what are you so afraid of? There are idiots everywhere, but not everyone deserves to die. Direct threats, yes, game on. But please take some time to analyze the situation before YOU are the armed madman.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hope they all sue the manager and company. If I was there, no brainer I would have took the shot with no warning.

sue for what?

Why weren't the theater manager and the "actor" arrested?

arrested for what?

Is that the real pic?

Folks were afraid of THAT group? :laugh::laugh:

Looks like they all have orange tips, too.

:+1:

So you guys would open fire on them????????
    some INGO members are just as bad as the JBTs!
    no wonder the jbt don't like civilians with guns.
    so much fail!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well hell, I should be able to dress as I like and OC my rifle as I see fit...it is perfectly legal to do so no matter WHAT I'm wearing. If I want to watch Iron Man 3 while carrying my favorite Yugo AK underfolder I should be able to without so much as a second look. IT'S MY RIGHT!!!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well hell, I should be able to dress as I like and OC my rifle as I see fit...it is perfectly legal to do so no matter WHAT I'm wearing. If I want to watch Iron Man 3 while carrying my favorite Yugo AK underfolder I should be able to without so much as a second look. IT'S MY RIGHT!!!!!

You might have a hard time defending yourself if you shoot an actor in a cheap flimsy outfit with a toy. Or a law abiding citizen that is not threatening anyone.

How is that different in the eyes of the law when an anti-gunner says we should be shot for merely carrying a pistol?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This guy was in the theater and they worried about a long gun???

7FDFFDF4-66EB-4F84-9E4B-EAE2ADDB873F-21521-00000F57A80BE52B_zps601d3f30.jpg

"That's just unbelievable," said Morlock. "The whole country is talking about gun control because of shootings in theaters and schools."

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A lot of trigger happy people here who would have commited manslaughter because their alittle too jumpy to make sure what they are shooting at. Or at least reading a story and Monday morning quarterbacking on a keyboard while fingering their pistol for the rush.
    Guess who would get shot after they opened fire on some innocent actors?

Top Bottom