This Takes A Special Kind Of Stupid (Iron Man 3 Movie Stunt)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Mr. Habib, you might want to put in the thread title this is about the movie stupidity. I see a lot of threads about it coming.

This was in Missouri. I'll bet someone probably was carrying but didn't shoot the actor despite the stupidity of the manager.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    Hope they all sue the manager and company. If I was there, no brainer I would have took the shot with no warning.

With no cause? Had the moron been muzzling people, then I agree with you. Even if he had the gun pointed in a safe direction, I would have drawn on him and told him to drop it or else.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    With no cause? Had the moron been muzzling people, then I agree with you. Even if he had the gun pointed in a safe direction, I would have drawn on him and told him to drop it or else.

That is how I have run that situation. He would have faced the wrong end of a .45 and told to put the rifle down. If the muzzle was aimed my way or at the crowd, things would get bad for him.

My wife and I have done events with the 501st Legion (I wear Sandtrooper or Imperial Guard armor and she wears Boba Fett or Biker Scout). We were always very aware of our surroundings and our weapons (plastic or resin).

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    This is as probably as close as you'll ever see to the free speech standard that you can't falsely shout fire in a theater.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Since OC oc rifle and pistol is legal in Indiana, I think I would just observe.
    No threatening gestures or unsafe acts, then I would just sit.
    Don't we get upset when we OC or CC and people say we should leave it at home?

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Did you see the comment stating that the actor dressed as a gunman was also accompanied by someone dressed as IronMan and some women dressed in movie appropriate costumes as well? Not 100% cool, but does lower the D-bag quotient a bit, doesn't it?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Did you see the comment stating that the actor dressed as a gunman was also accompanied by someone dressed as IronMan and some women dressed in movie appropriate costumes as well? Not 100% cool, but does lower the D-bag quotient a bit, doesn't it?
    Didn't notice that. Puts things in a good bit different perspective.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    "Everything was in place, it's the opening night of a superhero movie, it's somebody walking in all-dark clothes, everything pointed to bad things about to happen," said Shoemaker. "There's really no good that can come of this."

omg no more superhero movies because someone dressed in black? God forbid The Crow ever coming back to the big screen, there would be a riot. seriously, some people should pull their panties out, stay home and wait for the dvd.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Yeah! IronMan literally has a "shoulder thing that goes up", and it shoots little rockets that can blow up a tank! How scary!

Now, if the woman looked like Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), there may have been a few negligent discharges.....

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Here is a picture of the group. Most likely, the 'SHIELD' guys went first and stormed the theater. Iron Man was probably supposed to come in after but they had already freaked everyone out.

This is why most conventions don't allow modern military costumes.

627.jpg

Top Bottom