This is why we can't have anything nice ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    some aquifers are "closed" systems where others are "open". A closed aquifer will eventually run out of water and once dry supposedly will never replenish itself. While and open aquifer can replenish itself if it went dry. It would be next to impossible to tell where the source for a well is. There are also different water tables underground. While the water table may be dropping for some well users, others may not necessarily be effected. For example I remember one house i lived in had a 200 foot deep well, where the neighbors well was only 50 feet deep or so, and the adjacent neighbors well was 100 feet. Now the only honest answer to why the well in my previous yard was deeper is.. well the deeper the well, in theory more natural filtration occurs...

If your neighbor is on a well and the wells are about the same depth say yours is ten feet deeper than theirs. If you are using a lot of water.. It is very possible that you could make their well go dry..

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    For the most part from what I understand is that if you live in town, the only way you can have a well is if it is grandfathered in.

Yep. And like you posted earlier, they really don't want you running town and well water together.

My FIL is coming to a similar issue with his town trying to hook everyone up to the muni water.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I'd figure out how to plant some of those slow-leak police tire strips around it.

This is a story from my boss. He said he used to live next to someone who constantly had his mailbox ran over after the 9-11 attacks. So after the neighbor had it run over the 3rd time, my boss went out to help him, and they stuck a metal pipe buried with with concrete, to hold the mailbox. Said the next week, this 4-wheel drive truck jumped the curb, and stopped dead in his tracks.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm sorry about the trouble you had to go through. It makes you sick to know there are people in this world that do things like that for kicks. My Dad is a farmer, and a couple of years ago, some jackass in a four wheel drive decided he would do some doughnuts in one of his hay fields. Saddest part is that the old man spent about a grand that Spring putting fertilizer on it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Also, it should be fairly easy to find your house now, as I imagine you have to be the guy with 1.2 acres of green stuff.
    Harder than you think:D

Plus there's a few other people in the sub that has them

I don't keep all 1.2 green, the back .3 and about .1 along the front and sides. It's not a lush green, just green enough out front to keep it from going dormant, but I'm working hard on the back right now to get back on track. I like my dogs to have a little green under them and it prevents urine burns.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Probably a watering ban nazi that felt justified doing it.

Either that of one of the kid's around here felt it was target practice 101 with their car.

We get the dog walkers around here that have given me the snarl, one year for grins and giggles I put a sign out pointing to my two wells, saying...

"My wells, my water":rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For the most part from what I understand is that if you live in town, the only way you can have a well is if it is grandfathered in.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I have looked into it. Had a barter deal worked out for a trade and was ready to go but found If there is already one in place you have to get it tested for drinking but to water lawn or garden it would be OK. A new well has to be OK'd by the powers that be and way to many hoops to jump through. That is here in Indy anyway.

Man it truly sucks when folks get so jealous they destroy others property. Kind of fits the entitlement mindset that is over taking society but that is a discussion for another thread.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man, just found out that a rock or some debris dropped into the line that I did not get vacuumed out of the spigot insert and flowed down to the last impact head and it's not operational.

Evidently last night, two of the few original remaining heads went belly up. Found that out this evening. One is a Toro impact and the other is a commercial rotor. Guess it's good I have a spare impact and about 5 extra pop up rotors.

Guess when I get home tomorrow I'll do a change out of the two and clean the filter on the clogged one. Hopefully it'll be about a 30 minute job.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom