This guy chambered the same 9mm round 100 times...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not firing the deeply set back 9mm fmj out of my fire arm...but someone who wants to is free to meet me somewhere in FW and i'll give you the bullet. Not worth the risk in my pistol or in my hand.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    I've heard that dropping a round in and closing the slide like that is bad for the extractor, but that might be false info.

I don't worry about setback so much. Once my carry and nightstand guns are loaded they stay that way until I take them to the range. Would take me a very long time to get 100 cycles on that top round.

It is bad for guns with internal extractors as the hook is being Forced around the case rim and can cause the extractor to break, fail, or go out of spec. External extractors are not confined by the slide and therefore can bend around the case rim just fine. I wouldn't do it unless it is an emergency and even then thats a stretch

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Fill the magazine, load, release slide. Rotate ammo every six months, move the "first" round to the bottom, don't chamber more than a dozen times. Quit playing load/unload get a secure safe/box/nightstand and keep your firearm in the "ready"!
    30+ yrs of experience, never had to throw ammo away. Probably have fired a few rounds in the "pressed condition", don't remember any difference.
    Police officers are encouraged to shoot older duty ammo, then refresh ammo at quals.
    Revolvers don't exhibit "pressed ammo".

Top Bottom