• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That term fits as well, the difference being is elections (for now). My point of using the word Oligopoly, is rooted in the current federal government and its current and strong commercial ties of the national economy, with intrusive regulation and/or near complete nationalization of such commerce as the automotive (10%), health care (20%), and banking (25%) industries.

Well, you gave me a new word to look up! :): Oligopoly.... Kinda a fun word to say.... :laugh:

After looking up the definition, I'd have to say, the Oil/Gas Industry has had this for the last 30 or more years. Probably more like 60-70. :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    We won't have to resort to a Revolution if the voting process works like it's supposed to.
    Mike
    The voting process is working exactly like it's supposed to...or at least as conceivably well as one can expect with a voting bloc on the order of hundreds of millions of people.

What doesn't work is that the voters and the candidates have conspired to create a nationalized version of extortion. The candidates promise to give the voters a chunk of change from the "other guys" and in exchange the voters promise to give the votes necessary to put the candidates in office to fulfill those promises.

Just how, exactly, do you ever see the ballot box being the answer to the ballot box?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just how, exactly, do you ever see the ballot box being the answer to the ballot box?

By accomplishing what we failed to do in Vietnam. Win the hearts and minds.

I would suspect longer, as the Rockefeller family Standard Oil Trust was affected by both the Sherman (1890) and Clayton (1914) anti trust acts. While it may have broken the monopoly, most petroleum was, and still is collected and refined by a relatively small number of entities.

Good point. Didn't know about that. Yet another thing to look up. :D

Top Bottom