• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Just heard driving back home tonight that the last surviving employees have left the nuclear plant. Looks like they have given up on the site.

I have talked with several people in Japan in the last day, and "everyone" knows the government is not telling the truth. Shops north of Tokyo are empty of food basics.

They have closed many production plants due to rolling blackouts and the earthquake. If the wind changes and blows radiation to Tokyo, a mass panic will happen.

No good news except invest in robots and Cat stock!

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    At This point, why not walk away. There's no real danger, and they more they do, the more anti-nuclear activist's scream and the more bad press they get. Let the thing "meltdown", and get to the real crisis.

Thousands dead, washing ashore. hundreds of thousands displaced, with no power, heat, or comforts of any kind. Stuck rationing a stone age diet. Is this news? Nahhh. Lets pradel on and on about something that isn't very dangerous but is politically charged. Go American news!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not good at all, although I hold onto a verry slim chance that the workers were convinced to leave based on the proposition that they had fought it until the end, established containment, and could be pulled back for medical treatment before it was too late.

Knowing how dedicated the Japanese are to their duties, I can't see these guys voluntarily stepping away. If they knew they were exposed to lethally high radiation, I would think they'd ride it out and die for the cause. If they were exposed only to mildly dangerous (but not lethal) radiation, perhaps there is hope that things aren't yet as bad as they could be, that they've determined the containment vessels are intact, and that letting the meltdown finish is allowing the inevitable.

Not good at all though...not good at all....

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    And this morning the reports are that they returned to work...

So we now know that they were just tired and wanted to sleep....

I mean, come on... everybody else is making assumptions from a single sentence heard on the radio, why can't I?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And this morning the reports are that they returned to work...

So we now know that they were just tired and wanted to sleep....

I mean, come on... everybody else is making assumptions from a single sentence heard on the radio, why can't I?
    This is almost exactly what happened, according to the news reports I've seen this morning. The crews had to back off from one of the reactors due to a spike in radioactivity. They have since returned to keep up the fight, now that the radioactivity has subsided somewhat. Not to mention they've all been at this for days now. They must be exhausted and in need of some rest.

Top Bottom