They Ain’t What They Used To Be, Don’t Be Fooled…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If you didn't claw your eyes out at the Mustang II, you'll survive the Mach-E.
    The Mustang II Ghia was the one that I thought ruined it. Looks like a damn Granada.

gQ5PnYI.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That’s ridiculous! I loved a lot of things about the 80s…. I just don’t remember what those things were.
    I remember. Disco was still hanging around early on, then there was the "Urban Cowboy" phase (I had some cowboy boots and I wasn't afraid to scoot 'em at the bar!) I was working in the restaurant/bar business and had a tendency to hang out at work after my shift and sometimes close down the bar. That's the general stuff, but there are details left out (both purposely and accidentally). :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Mustang II Ghia was the one that I thought ruined it. Looks like a damn Granada.

gQ5PnYI.jpg
    Funny you mention Ghia...

WHO DESIGNED THE FOX BODY MUSTANG?​

Jack Telnack standing next to the Official Pace Car Mustang

Three design teams, two from Michigan and one from Italy, worked tirelessly on sketches and clay models for the Fox Body. Some of the designs were based on the Mustang II, while others drew inspiration from the popular wagons of the time. It was Jack Telnack's influence, though, that encouraged the team to take risks with the new design.

Jack Telnack was the vice president of design at Ford of Europe. Plus one-third of the team worked at the Ghia studio in Italy. So it shouldn't be a surprise that the Fox Body Mustang shows some European influence.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I just thank (enter you’re choice), that my beer wasn’t listed.
    Killians——- Irish Red
    Dundees——Honey Brown
    And I darn sure know who makes Glenlivet

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Husqvarna isn't an MTD brand. Pretty sure they're still the owned by Husqvarna, but I know they're not an MTD brand.

Lots of the old beers we grew up with in the 70s and 80s are owned by the Pabst marketing company and are contract brewed. Olympia, Oldstyle, PBR, Strohs, Lone Star, etc..
    While looking for a grass catcher to attach to my Husqvarna riding mower I found that the MDT brand is made by Husqvarna, heck the catcher sold under MDT is marked with Husqvarna branding

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    Perfect timing, a friend at work was just talking about this today. He mentioned Broyhill and Lane furniture. Only names used for cheap furniture these days.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    How about Lazy Boy. Is that name worth anything anymore? I'm currently sitting in one of their recliners from the early 90's and it definitely needs replaced. Hope to have a good run with the next one also.

Top Bottom