• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    it is one thing to call him names but to cut off his head.....that crosses a line in my book and it should with everyone else.....

Well, IF she did cut off his head, which she didn't, then I agree.

I don't like her message, but I'll defend her rights.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What double standard? I don't expect she'll be touring the WH anytime soon.

I can't imagine the word "Racist" wouldn't be thrown around by the media if the head was Obama, and the person holding it was someone like... I dunno, Tim Allen or Dennis Miller.

The media outrage from this was... quiet? I didn't see a single post about it on Reddit. Whereas I'm confident it would have filled the frontpage if it'd been the other way around.

I think that's the double-standard most of us are referencing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can't imagine the word "Racist" wouldn't be thrown around by the media if the head was Obama, and the person holding it was someone like... I dunno, Tim Allen or Dennis Miller.

The media outrage from this was... quiet? I didn't see a single post about it on Reddit. Whereas I'm confident it would have filled the frontpage if it'd been the other way around.

I think that's the double-standard most of us are referencing.

head cut off... I'm not so sure (maybe), but if it was a noose, then yeah, certainly.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    head cut off... I'm not so sure (maybe), but if it was a noose, then yeah, certainly.

See this really gets under my skin. While I think the headless Trump is in extremely poor taste the very thought of what you describe infuriates me. But then it always seems to be the left bringing it up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please refresh my memory. I'm not really a big follower of his either.

He made a comment about chopping off heads during the Romney/Obama campaign. It's was kinda cryptic, but I assumed he was just using colorful language to say "beat the Democrats." He also threw in some choice words concerning Obama. He got a SS visit as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    it is one thing to call him names but to cut off his head.....that crosses a line in my book and it should with everyone else.....

It crosses the line for any sort of decency. What I waver on is if it crosses the line into inciting violence. I've not clicked any of the links to learn particulars as I don't really care enough about her to bother and I don't want to help the story spread/reward it with clicks. Clicks are money, and what we reward we get more of.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    He made a comment about chopping off heads during the Romney/Obama campaign. It's was kinda cryptic, but I assumed he was just using colorful language to say "beat the Democrats." He also threw in some choice words concerning Obama. He got a SS visit as well.

I don't support such rhetoric on either side.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't support such rhetoric on either side.

Agreed, but goes back to the "double standard" comment, and my WH comment. Nugent was a guest at the WH...and I doubt Griffin, after this, will ever have the honor; and rightfully so.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    43rd President;
    - "what if" documentary on his assassination
    - frequently compared to a monkey
    - mocked for his Texas accent

44th President;
    - rodeo clown with Obama mask fired

45th President;
    - rap video shows his execution
    - comedienne poses for picture following staged decapitation

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Not sure what being a lesbian (or not) has anything to do with this. Point is, it was incredibly tasteless. And I agree, if this was either Hillary's or Obama's bloody severed head, Griffin's career would be OVER.

Reproduction. :dunno: Guess I just hope she is sterile and has no desire to adopt. We don't need a mini me of her running around.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Agreed, but goes back to the "double standard" comment, and my WH comment. Nugent was a guest at the WH...and I doubt Griffin, after this, will ever have the honor; and rightfully so.

I pay little attention to who is on the WH guest list. Other than to be envious when they have some of their "concerts". I will give Obama credit in that area. He had some really excellent performers at the WH.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    43rd President;
    - "what if" documentary on his assassination
    - frequently compared to a monkey
    - mocked for his Texas accent

44th President;
    - rodeo clown with Obama mask fired

45th President;
    - rap video shows his execution
    - comedienne poses for picture following staged decapitation

For as much complaining as I hear about the liberal media force feeding people stuff, they must not be doing a very good job if that's all you got for the 44th president, compared to the others.

Top Bottom