• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Teachers in Ohio, Texas flock to free gun training classes - Yahoo! News

In Ohio, more than 900 teachers, administrators and school employees asked to take part in the Buckeye Firearms Association's newly created, three-day gun training program, the association said.

In Texas, an $85 Concealed Handgun License (CHL) course offered at no cost to teachers filled 400 spots immediately, forcing the school to offer another class, one instructor said.

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    This is great news!

I also heard from a friend in MI that the law to allow cc everywhere (including schools) without exceptions is back on the table as well, and will most likely be signed into law by the Gov.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It's good to hear stories like this. In spite of all of the gun control hysteria that the mainstream media apparently thrives on, there are still many Americans with common sense willing to arm teachers to make schools more secure. It's bewildering to me how anyone could honestly think that making people more defenseless is somehow going to make killers less lethal.

homer12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Great find! Now I need to show this as an example to teachers that I'm close to. Maybe they'll think about some activism in their schools to promote this sort of mindset.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Do a lot of people know outside of INGO?

Actually YES... Guy has been on TV with it. I've passed it around to several teachers that I know and others have too.

The issue in Indiana is that they (the teacher ) must be authorized by the School District (read: Superintendent) to do it. And they are all running scared. Wouldn't want to put their career in jeopardy.... hence we haven't seen a lot of it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I need to show this as an example to teachers that I'm close to. Maybe they'll think about some activism in their schools to promote this sort of mindset.

Ask them to consider why we guard our gold with guns, and our children with hope.

If teachers can't be trusted not to do something horrible or illegal with their own gun in a classroom...why are we letting them have complete control of our kids 8 hours a day?

Top Bottom