• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    I would like to get some feedback on what to do with the "troublesome Neighbor"? Please no BS about beating him up or damaging his property. My friend is a musician and lives next door this "neighbor". This guy has tried everything in the world to hassle my friend. Dept of public works, Health Dept., Filing claims, Calls the Police everytime ANYONE is over there complaining of noise, has falsely reported other complaints, has went around to other neighbors having them sign "petitions" yet none of the neighbors seem to actually hear the music. Sometimes during a "loud music" complaint, NO ONE WAS EVEN PLAYING YET. All the officers are tired of this guy. This has been going on for a few years. The police have even went into his house and tried to hear the level of sound and told him to quit calling because the police could not see the problem. This neighbor has done everything in his power to hassle my friend, and has now started shooting BB Guns at his property and house. At his wits end, I am just trying to get better ideas on how to help him deal with this unsocial neighbor. Thanks in advance and I understand that no comment here is or will be considered "legal advice". :D

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ...Calls the Police everytime ANYONE is over there complaining of noise, has falsely reported other complaints... Sometimes during a "loud music" complaint, NO ONE WAS EVEN PLAYING YET. All the officers are tired of this guy.

Well, if there was no music being played and the neighbor still called the cops that is called filing a false police report.

IC 35-44-2-2
    False reporting or informing

Class B Misdemeanor

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, since this has gone on for years, I doubt they are going to kiss and make up now. If the neighbor is really shooting up his property with BB's, then call the cops. Either the neighbor will end up moving out, or your friend will.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I would tape him shooting at my house/property and see if I could have him arrested. Long term, I would move.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Wireless cameras running 24/7. Catch him in the act. Call cops, press charges. File for a restraining order, after all him did fire a weapon at your friend's house. Look for any damage caused by the BB gun and sue him for damages.

under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    Yeah the video thing is going to happen for sure...its just a matter of dollars at this point. I sure a few of the IMPD LEOs will even know what house I am referring to....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I would tape him shooting at my house/property and see if I could have him arrested. Long term, I would move.

^^ this for sure!

If someone is shooting at me, even with a BB gun, theres no way im gonna let that fly. either the police WILL do something about it or im gonna shoot back the next time with something bigger than he is using. i dont think any of my neighbors would be dumb enough to even think about that one. (for the record I get along with all my new neighbors)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Find out what kind of music he likes. Tell your friend to play THAT for a while.

Maybe your friend isn't a very good musician?

We had a wanna-be rapper living next door for a while. I was tempted to use more than BBs. He was B-A-D.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I
    -Snip-
    My friend is a musician and lives next door this "neighbor".
    -Snip-

What instrument(s) does your friend play?

What part of the house does he play them in, in relation to his neighbor?

I suspect there's another side to this story.

I ask this because this story reminds me of one I've had to deal with for some years.
    Though I haven't shot my neighbor's house yet... LOL

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    You can do a cheap camera system that records directly to your computer. Fry's Electronics has all the gear you need.

under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    Actually this guy is a very accomplished Musician. I was in a band with him for 5 years and he's good. We used to rehearse there and we kept a journal of start and stop times (all before 10 or 10:30..LEGAL!) and the guy would call when we showed up, regardless of whether we were loud or not..like I said there's been times we were not even playing. It's really not about the content, it's about this guy using everything thing he can muster to F with my friend. Its freakin terrible. I don't even live there and I want to physically adjust his appearance.

under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    HA! My friend is about to the same point, Fordman! I know it's tempting but if my friend does that he will never win this twisted game. I want him to take the high ground and use this guys recent BB Gun stunts to turn the tide. Like a few of you have mentioned...Video, press charges, small claims, and then do the same to him***petition, call agencies and file complaints on anything relevant. It is a time consuming task to compete with someone with no life at all, they have all the time in the world.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We had a wanna-be rapper living next door for a while. I was tempted to use more than BBs. He was B-A-D.

Sorry about that, that happens when my tourettes acts up. I'm really glad I've got much more understanding neighbors now though (might even get a contract with Psychopath Records, I'M GONNA TOUR WITH ICP BABY!!!!).

Top Bottom