• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMedic

Marksman
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In college a friend of mine had a gas operated airsoft pistol and we would shoot each other with it. It definitely hurt more than I expected.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Airsoft is for sissies. When I was a kid, we'd get together and try to beat each other to death with baseball bats, shovels, and tire irons. That was a great time for all the neighborhood kids, well...except the ones that weren't strong enough to survive.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Airsoft is for sissies. When I was a kid, we'd get together and try to beat each other to death with baseball bats, shovels, and tire irons. That was a great time for all the neighborhood kids, well...except the ones that weren't strong enough to survive.
    This airsoft stuff is probably where all the OWS'ers came from. Not enough hard knocks growing up.:)

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Apr 11, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCdAY4PicKU[/ame]

Thats an example of real Mil-Sim airsoft, there is more to this than just 12 year olds with clear plastic guns in the backyard of suburbia.
    95% of the people who have posted are just talking about the terrible crap they sell at Wally world.
    I use gas blow back rifles and pistols that have the same recoil as .22's and 5.45x39 with real wood, full metal, and dimensions exactly the same as the their real steel counterparts.

Just like USPA or paintball there is a huge network of airsoft associations and organizations that are comprised of adults (LEO/Former military mostly) that have fun with it while treating it as a hobby.

For anyone who is interested in mil-sim airsoft check out these sites:

Airsoftforum.com

indiana-airsoft.com

Last edited:

ray d

Plinker
    Jan 22, 2011
    Air soft is a great force on force training tool.If it stings a little it works a little better.

PastorBlaster

Marksman
    Oct 21, 2011
    Wabash
    Thats an example of real Mil-Sim airsoft, there is more to this than just 12 year olds with clear plastic guns in the backyard of suburbia.
    95% of the people have posted are just talking about the terrible crap replicas they sell at Wally world.
    I use gas blow back rifles and pistols that have the same recoil as .22's and 5.45x39 with real wood and full metal.

Just like USPA or paintball there is a huge network of airsoft associations and organizations that are comprised of adults (LEO/Former military mostly) that have fun with it while treating it as a hobby.

For anyone who is interested in mil-sim airsoft check out these sites:

Shwaisey,

Didn't know you were on here! I don't think most of the guys on here realize that a lot of our "toy" guns cost more than there real steel weapons. Im actually excited to build several real guns now that I realize it's cheaper than what I tend to play airsoft with! And in the end, I can shoot you in airsoft and still be friends afterwards!

turnerdye1

Master
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Oh airsoft....me and my friends used to play when we were younger.
    My most vivid memory is when i get shot in the mouth from about 10ft away from a co2 pistol. Hurt like a *****! The BB hit my lip, bounced off of my from tooth and landed in my lower gums. I was never the same after that

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    At least I see airsoft injuries to the eye instead of true BBs anymore. Eyes look really nasty when hit with them.

I hope all the people that preach firearms safety use eye protection when shooting anything that goes that fast.

They are great for wood borer wasps too :)

Hornett

Master
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    No, but those things are fun to fill with powder and a cannon fuse. Takes a while to get it packed in tight, but worth it.
    If you take a funnel, jam the top of the canister into the bottom of the funnel, and fill it with sufficiently fine black powder, then you can gently tap the canister with your finger and it fills up very quickly.
    Ummm, that's what I hear anyway.:wrongdoor:

u should have done a test shot into your testicles before shooting your kid...
    Agreed.

It's threads like this that let me know for sure I am on the right board. :cool:

Effingham

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I was never the same after that

Yeah, head-related injuries can be like that. :D

When I lived in Japan, there was an airsoft craze going on. Kids in parks doing all sorts of insanity. I still have a few (okay, about five) airsoft (which I think should be renamed "air-ouch") guns.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Has anyone else shot your kid with his airsoft pistol only to find that it is not soft. ..... I shot him in the leg and he started whining .......

orly.gif

Alrighty Then!

whocares

Shooter
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Its those damn yellow balls. Everything about them says " It wont hurt shoot him with it " Ive been vaccuming them up for years and the vac is still OK. The yellow color makes them seem like little happy balls. They should be red or orange for danger, "dont shoot your kids with me Im orange, caution" not yellow thats all " hey no biggy here, just soft yellow balls"

Top Bottom