• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whocares

Shooter
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Has anyone else shot your kid with his airsoft pistol only to find that it is not soft. My 12 year old has got this clear plastic airsoft that shoots these big yellow balls, like 5x BB size. I shot him in the leg and he started whining so I let him shoot me in the back like three times so he wouldnt tell mom, lol. I played it off like he was milking it, but WOW there are three welps on my back. So airsoft is not soft and I wont shoot him again.

canav844

Expert
    Jun 22, 2011
    Well it hurts more than Call of Duty on the xbox, but for the most part you've got to get to the $300 replicas shooting at 500+fps before you know hurt.

Lammchop93

Master
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I remember once that me and some friends were playing airsoft when we were like 15 year sold in this cave he had on his property. We put one source of light in the middle of the cave, and we played off of that light. It was probably one of the funnest things I remember doing with airsoft. He had some 400fps sniper and it drew blood on my arm when I got it. Still good fun though.

fire259

Expert
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    They are softer than the bb's that we used to shoot at each other when I was a kid. :ugh: Man I did some dumb stuff when I was young.

45fan

Master
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    One of my sons favortite winter pass times is to get geared up and be a human target for airsoft in the living room. Maybe I am just a terrible parent, but we have a blast chasing each other around the house when its too cold to get outside and run off steam.

canav844

Expert
    Jun 22, 2011
    $59 Crossman CO2 pistols @ 475fps. Yea, those hurt.
    Walmart grade has been improving, it used to be only spring loaded stuff there. Mt girlfriend has much older brothers, and back in the day one of shot the other and then required a trip to the doc to get the metal BB removed from his hind quarters. The plastic pellets generally don't do anywhere as near as much damage, but F=ma still holds true.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Shot myself in the leg with a spring driven airsoft pistol just so I would know how much it hurt. Man, I remember hitting a duck with a bottle rocket once, good times.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    My friends son has a lot of airsoft stuff, and I know one of his guns is a AK look alike. That thing is full auto and I know this because he lit me up with it. It hurt to sit back in a seat for a week. I probably had 30 little welts on my back and I know it broke skin in a few places. I am still a little jumpy when hes around.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Had a friend nail me a few times and yeah it hurts. We also did capture the flag bb gun style. We did it after dark and in the middle of tall weeds that you could stand up in without being seen. Everyone got shot except me until I laughed at them, then they all shot me!

Top Bottom