• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Was thinking about this story recently and wanted to recount it for all of you. This story comes from my stepdad. My stepdad is a mechanic, and used to work for a local service center that did wrecker and impound calls for the St. Joseph County police. While going on calls throughout the course of over a decade, he became friends with many of the local officers, and often heard many amazing stories some of the veterans of the department had. This story concerns a specific officer they nicknamed "Goldfinger" (I'll abbreviate his name with 'GF' from now on). I forgot his name, but they called him "Goldfinger" because he would always wear a gold chain necklace.

The story begins with GF in pursuit of a perp. The perp was a young black kid (early 20's) who robbed someone's house I believe, and was evading police. Officer GF was the first on the scene and currently the only one in pursuit until backup could catchup. The pursuit went into a little village called Lydick, where the perp decided to drive onto some train tracks in the area, where he then flipped over his vehicle. Officer GF quickly followed on foot with shotgun in hand, but what happens next is what makes this story special.

The perp got out of his vehicle and raised his own shotgun towards Officer GF. GF did not fire and for about 2 minutes, the two were locked in a standoff with each pointing their weapons at each other. Throughout this entire standoff, Officer GF pleaded with the kid to drop his weapon. The kid eventually dropped his shotgun, and Officer GF contained the situation, and gave the kid first aid before backup arrived.

This situation did not happen recently. I believe it happened in the early 2000's. I did not share this story to be a criticism or defense of police, but to acknowledge what I believe to be an amazing story where there was a good ending. I have to say that if I were in Officer GF's shoes, I do not think I would have done the same.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    UnimportantEnergeticAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    True, we only hear about the times cops shoot, not the countless times their training takes over their emotions, and the perps get to continue stealing air.........

Top Bottom