• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    i've been seeing them lately at $650-700 on armslist. not that i trust anyone ober there.

they're going for $800+ on gunbroker.
    I might've misunderstood. The P226c, is that for the compensator? The GB ones I see for a P226 with compensator are in 9mm and over 2 grand on Gun Broker.

I've had pretty good luck buying on Armslist (staying away from obvious scammers), but selling I had an issue with a guy who claimed there were huge problems with the gun but never took any pictures to show me what he was talking about.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I might've misunderstood. The P226c, is that for the compensator? The GB ones I see for a P226 with compensator are in 9mm and over 2 grand on Gun Broker.

I've had pretty good luck buying on Armslist (staying away from obvious scammers), but selling I had an issue with a guy who claimed there were huge problems with the gun but never took any pictures to show me what he was talking about.
    no. the "c" is for carry.

i've only had one good experience on armslist. we couldn't close the deal but he was very cool with how he handled it.

gunbroker's prices are outrageous. every now & again i'll see sigs for a reasonable price. just not often enough. i bid on a sig p228 once. i think the seller and/or his friends were bidding to jack the price up.

i stepped back when the bid hit $800. then i get an email 2 days later asking if i was interested for #800. i didn't respond to it.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

i've only had one good experience on armslist. we couldn't close the deal but he was very cool with how he handled it.

gunbroker's prices are outrageous. every now & again i'll see sigs for a reasonable price. just not often enough. i bid on a sig p228 once. i think the seller and/or his friends were bidding to jack the price up.

i stepped back when the bid hit $800. then i get an email 2 days later asking if i was interested for #800. i didn't respond to it.
    Ah, I did a search for P226c, I saw the "sport / compensator" models that are insanely expensive. What's the difference for the carry version from the regular?

Fake bidding is a huge problem on GB. I had a similar experience in my teenage years for a guitar on eBay. Sadly, I wasn't smart enough at that time to just wait for another deal.

At least with armslist, you can find preferred vendors to get it from some pawn shop or gun shop leveraging the armslist format. I got my P226 with a rail for $550 shipped from an FFL in PA.

Do you, or any other sig users, have an opinion on single vs. double stack for a smaller concealed carry? I'm thinking either a P229 (double stack) or P239 (single stack and harder to find) for my next purchase.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Ah, I did a search for P226c, I saw the "sport / compensator" models that are insanely expensive. What's the difference for the carry version from the regular?

Fake bidding is a huge problem on GB. I had a similar experience in my teenage years for a guitar on eBay. Sadly, I wasn't smart enough at that time to just wait for another deal.

At least with armslist, you can find preferred vendors to get it from some pawn shop or gun shop leveraging the armslist format. I got my P226 with a rail for $550 shipped from an FFL in PA.

Do you, or any other sig users, have an opinion on single vs. double stack for a smaller concealed carry? I'm thinking either a P229 (double stack) or P239 (single stack and harder to find) for my next purchase.
    the carry version's barrel is 3.9" versur the 4.4" regular.

i'd rather have the double stack. since there both the same size might as well have the increased capacity.

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort

Armslist has changed from what it used to be. I stopped using them about a year or so ago. To many times the seller does not answer a simple question or you get some wacko wanting to trade you a car stereo for a firearm. I agree about the prices on Gunbroker. Many times the starting bid is full blown retail. Even noticed lately that some firearms no longer come with a magazine , but can be purchased separately ?

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Armslist has changed from what it used to be. I stopped using them about a year or so ago. To many times the seller does not answer a simple question or you get some wacko wanting to trade you a car stereo for a firearm. I agree about the prices on Gunbroker. Many times the starting bid is full blown retail. Even noticed lately that some firearms no longer come with a magazine , but can be purchased separately ?
    yup. i ran across a guy trying to sell a firearm last summer. he wanted me to send him a greendot card to florida and he would send me the shipping info. i called him out for the scammer he is. i saw him trying to "sell" the same gun a couple of times after that and kept calling him out.

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort
    i feel you. i would love to make may p220 my edc. when i had my p226 .40 s&w, i carried it every day. i'd love to get me a couple of police trade in p226's in whaterver calibre i could find.

my edc now is my taurus g2c .40 s&w or g2c 9mm.
    You wont regret the P220 for EDC. For years I was strictly a full size 1911 guy. Purchased my first P220 Nitron a little over 2 years years ago. Did some research on different holsters and wound up with a AKER flatsider. Great combination. Lighter , more comfortable . Funny thing about Sigs...They seem to multiply. I guess I am the oddball would really like to get my hands on a P245.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    LOL, I seem to be the oddball who really wants a P224 with E-grip. Seen them on blowout somewhere not long ago but need the funds first. Maybe soon

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, the P224s never really caught on. I looked at one and tried to like it. Just too wide for such a small gun, for me.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    the carry version's barrel is 3.9" versur the 4.4" regular.

i'd rather have the double stack. since there both the same size might as well have the increased capacity.
    Good point. Unless I move to a communist state with a magazine capacity limitation for work (currently a grad student at Purdue), then the size difference between a 229 and 239 is probably not so big to be stuck with fewer rounds in the mag and significantly more expensive magazines to boot.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Good point. Unless I move to a communist state with a magazine capacity limitation for work (currently a grad student at Purdue), then the size difference between a 229 and 239 is probably not so big to be stuck with fewer rounds in the mag and significantly more expensive magazines to boot.
    i'm thinking about moving out if state in the next 5 yrs. where/if i do will depend on how they honor the constitution.

that being said. as soon as i get over the current financial hump, i'm buying more sigs.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    You wont regret the P220 for EDC. For years I was strictly a full size 1911 guy. Purchased my first P220 Nitron a little over 2 years years ago. Did some research on different holsters and wound up with a AKER flatsider. Great combination. Lighter , more comfortable . Funny thing about Sigs...They seem to multiply. I guess I am the oddball would really like to get my hands on a P245.
    i have a galco miami for my p220. i have an elcheapo iwb too. but i prefer shoulder holster.

i'm hoping to one day soon replace my p226 or get a p228. i'm even looking at tread 400's.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    i'm thinking about moving out if state in the next 5 yrs. where/if i do will depend on how they honor the constitution.

that being said. as soon as i get over the current financial hump, i'm buying more sigs.
    Yeah. While I've worked full time before it was never permanent, so wherever I go next will be my first "real" job after the schooling is through. I've got to be a little less picky about location (within reason, still not planning to go to CA). Luckily most of the type of companies I'd work for have offices outside of the main cities, which is good for me. The grad student pay isn't so great, but if I can find a decent deal on a P229, I'll probably bite.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Yeah. While I've worked full time before it was never permanent, so wherever I go next will be my first "real" job after the schooling is through. I've got to be a little less picky about location (within reason, still not planning to go to CA). Luckily most of the type of companies I'd work for have offices outside of the main cities, which is good for me. The grad student pay isn't so great, but if I can find a decent deal on a P229, I'll probably bite.
    and mecgar makes ca & ma compliant mags.

it's a shame "they" actually believe we are going to fall for the bull that criminals are going to follow mag capacity laws. so in order for us not to get in trouble we are expected to follow these idiot laws they keep passing.

i've told my gbabies i want a p226c for my birthday. but i'll probably get cupcakes.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    and mecgar makes ca & ma compliant mags.

it's a shame "they" actually believe we are going to fall for the bull that criminals are going to follow mag capacity laws. so in order for us not to get in trouble we are expected to follow these idiot laws they keep passing.

i've told my gbabies i want a p226c for my birthday. but i'll probably get cupcakes.
    Yeah. I'll likely buy some Mec-Gars should I move to such a state. My Steyr M40 came with two 10 rounders, and I bought two 10s for my P226 in .357 Sig when CDNN had them "cheap" ($30). The only nice thing about magazine capacity nonsense is that it gives a solid reason to pack something with more oomph.

Capacity laws are frustrating, but it really frustrates me that off-duty officers aren't held to the same restriction in terms of background checks, AR ownership, magazine capacity. Or only celebrities/rich people get carry permits. It's complete ******** that rights are selectively dolloped out.

Cupcakes are good! I'm an old fashioned yellow cake guy.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Yeah. I'll likely buy some Mec-Gars should I move to such a state. My Steyr M40 came with two 10 rounders, and I bought two 10s for my P226 in .357 Sig when CDNN had them "cheap" ($30). The only nice thing about magazine capacity nonsense is that it gives a solid reason to pack something with more oomph.

Capacity laws are frustrating, but it really frustrates me that off-duty officers aren't held to the same restriction in terms of background checks, AR ownership, magazine capacity. Or only celebrities/rich people get carry permits. It's complete ******** that rights are selectively dolloped out.

Cupcakes are good! I'm an old fashioned yellow cake guy.
    i don't mind the cops. it's the crims that get to keep their 30 round "clips" that i have issues with.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I love the P229 platform for EDC. Depending on just how much concealment is needed, it can be a great choice. I would not choose it for deep concealment though. That's where the P938 shines

Top Bottom