• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have one of the P226 Legion SAOs also. I also have the P220 compact in SAO.
    I was thinking about try to get the P220 Legion in SAO but decided I wanted the Carry model more.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Yeah, me too, and I love that gun! I tend to be an SAO guy anyway, and when the P226 came out as SAO in a Legion, I was pretty thrilled.

I have one of the P226 Legion SAOs also. I also have the P220 compact in SAO.
    I was thinking about try to get the P220 Legion in SAO but decided I wanted the Carry model more.

I wanted a legion sao badly!, but I ran into a hell of a deal on a da/sa 226 legion (so good I couldn't pass it up). when I called sig to transfer the "legion" to me from him, I asked if I could send it in and have it converted to a sao, sadly my day was ruined when I was told no.

guess that means i'll have to save up and get a 226 legion sao

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There is a downside to the P226 Legion SAO. If you carry it a lot, the thumb safety and rear sight will rust. I, uh, here this . . . from a . . . friend.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There is a downside to the P226 Legion SAO. If you carry it a lot, the thumb safety and rear sight will rust. I, uh, here this . . . from a . . . friend.
    I have seen a couple posts at SigTalk complaining about rust and finish failures on the Sig Legions. Really disappointing for what they cost.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have seen a couple posts at SigTalk complaining about rust and finish failures on the Sig Legions. Really disappointing for what they cost.

Yep. Given the shape and the texture, it's not easy to remove the rust either.

I wish I . . . uh . . . my friend had known ahead of time. I cou . . . he could have put some turtle wax or something similar on the parts before carrying.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I've only carried mine when I've had a T-shirt between me and the gun, so I haven't run into those issues. Hopefully I won't.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I am starting to get the feeling there is more to this story :):
    Yea, I wonder why Rhino, I mean his friend, had those issues. Sucks that apparently others do as well. I've been looking really hard at a P229, as I wanted another Sig with a rail. Looking like more of a pass now. I do like the M11A1 for when I carry again, but this way I can have the same for carry and home.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's possible . . . POSSIBLE . . . that perhaps someone is a bit sweatier than you guys, thus the humidity level under the concealment garment is higher. And it's warmer.

Or maybe not. Who knows, it's just a friend we're talking about here.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have never been much of a sweater. My brother had the bad kind of hand sweat. You had to oil down the shotgun good after he handled it or it would rust.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That was ludicrously fast. I'm betting no complaints on the speed. Let us know how it runs after.
    I have seen on SigTalk that most people are getting them flipped in days not weeks. Although every now and then there is one guy that gets delayed for some unknown reason.
    The reports I am seeing is most guys can't tell any difference in the trigger feel afterward. So I may be signing mine up soon.

JTJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Anderson
    My P320 arrived at Sig on Wednesday 10/25 and shipped back to me today, it should be in my hands on Monday. I am glad it only took 6 days, not 6 weeks

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I registered both of my 320's for the upgrade, 1 on the first day (online) and one the next day over the phone (I couldn't do it online) I got a email notice to expect my shipping info for the return (on the second one) in the next month or two, and still no email on the first one (the one I did online)

ggwolverines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    New Albany
    Wow, I just got an e-mail from Sig that they will be sending out shipping labels for the voluntary upgrade of Sig P320 triggers this month and next. That is much faster than I anticipated. Since my P320 is my first Sig, I didn't know how they would handle this and in what time frame. So far, so good.

I canÂ’t reply to your pm, because of post counts, but I looked on fedex website and filtered locations that allow for dangerous shipments. Then I chose the closest place. IÂ’m not sure if you could take it to one of the other places or not.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I'm a little intrigued by the P220 Legion SAO, i've never handled an SAO, how's the safety on these Legions, is it fairly positive on/off?

Top Bottom