• BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It's likely just me....

I have never "understood" what is so great about a sig.

Granted, I've only shot a few....They always seemed "clunky" and the triggers on the ones I shot were consistently "crappy".

Perhaps I am spoiled by 1911s and CZ75s when it comes to decent pistols.

What am I missing?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's likely just me....

Granted, I've only shot a few....They always seemed "clunky" and the triggers on the ones I shot were consistently "crappy".

What am I missing?
    You're free to like what you like.
    But I've got a CZ75 and it's stock DA/SA trigger isn't any better than the stock DA/SA triggers on my P226 and P229 pistols.
    I like them all, even my 1911.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You're free to like what you like.
    But I've got a CZ75 and it's stock DA/SA trigger isn't any better than the stock DA/SA triggers on my P226 and P229 pistols.
    I like them all, even my 1911.

Indeed.

As I said, I have never understood what is so great about a sig.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In my experience the CZ triggers are worse than the Sigs unless they have been worked on by someone like the Wizard. When I moved to H&Ks, I was a little surprised how bad their triggers were compared to the Sigs.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ford v Chevy v Kia v Toyota v Subaru v Honda.

We are fortunate to be experiencing a bit of a golden age of quality, reliable firearm options in which many manufactures offer us a reliable quality platform within our particular price range.

I was never much of a Sig guy for no particular reason. Then the P365 came along and sparked a craze in the micro carry world that I followed along with. That lead to an interest in experiencing more of their line.

What did I find Sig offering me?

The P365 is my second all time favorite edc. Capacity, size, shootability, reliability. Checks all the boxes and the market shifted to respond to it.

Credit to Sig for offering new products to the market. Took SW, what, another decade to catch up?

I find the P320 an excellent striker fired gun. The AXG grip module is second to only CZ in ergonomics.

Sig also never stopped offering all metal semi auto handguns. The world went polymer, Sig soldiered on while the likes of SW dropped their offering after three generations. A single action Legion, for example, offers ergonomics, quality and extensive aftermarket support. A P229 - wow - what a great compact option for the same reasons.

Sig also offers me an interesting history. How about the quality of a West German P230? Or the P210?

Moving on to the rifle side, Sig builds some excellent piston driven ARs and my 8” MPX is a favorite which are excellent suppressor hosts.

So in a nutshell? Sig offers an extensive product line, quality metal construction, aftermarket support and a reasonable quality to price ratio.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Ford v Chevy v Kia v Toyota v Subaru v Honda.

We are fortunate to be experiencing a bit of a golden age of quality, reliable firearm options in which many manufactures offer us a reliable quality platform within our particular price range.

I was never much of a Sig guy for no particular reason. Then the P365 came along and sparked a craze in the micro carry world that I followed along with. That lead to an interest in experiencing more of their line.

What did I find Sig offering me?

The P365 is my second all time favorite edc. Capacity, size, shootability, reliability. Checks all the boxes and the market shifted to respond to it.

Credit to Sig for offering new products to the market. Took SW, what, another decade to catch up?

I find the P320 an excellent striker fired gun. The AXG grip module is second to only CZ in ergonomics.

Sig also never stopped offering all metal semi auto handguns. The world went polymer, Sig soldiered on while the likes of SW dropped their offering after three generations. A single action Legion, for example, offers ergonomics, quality and extensive aftermarket support. A P229 - wow - what a great compact option for the same reasons.

Sig also offers me an interesting history. How about the quality of a West German P230? Or the P210?

Moving on to the rifle side, Sig builds some excellent piston driven ARs and my 8” MPX is a favorite which are excellent suppressor hosts.

So in a nutshell? Sig offers an extensive product line, quality metal construction, aftermarket support and a reasonable quality to price ratio.

Hear, hear ! :thumbsup:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's likely just me....

What am I missing?
    For me, the attraction comes from a couple of things. First, these are relatively easy guns to shoot well. Plus, Sig does a good job of supporting them. There are not too many companies that will take a tired LE trade in, inspect the pistol and refresh all springs and then install fresh night sights for $150.

The real attraction for me though, is the simplicity of the design. There are some designs that achieve beautiful function with a fairly simple mechanism. The 1911 and Glock designs are the high water mark there. Classic Sigs are not complex pistols internally and unlike the 1911, most parts are drop in fit. As much as I love CZs, internally, they are anything but simple. There are a multitude of surfaces that need to be stoned to get the trigger right. There are some tiny springs in almost every CZ that will ruin your day if you don't keep a spare around. In the end, it's hard to beak a really nice CZ DA trigger, but you need some serious skill get get one there. The Sig design is simple and robust and can be taken completely down with no specialized tools. The same is true for a Glock and 1911.

Another thing that appeals to me about the classic Sig design is the reliability. I've had fewer issues with Sigs than I've had with Glocks. Sigs simply work. They work consistently and they work well. I've owned some pistols that needed some run in time before they would run reliably (Glock 19) but every classic Sig I've owned, whether new or tired old LE trade in, has worked well from round 1.

They are not for everyone. Like bourbon and a good cigar, some like them and some prefer a bud light instead. :)

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Indeed.

As I said, I have never understood what is so great about a sig.
    I was responding to your claim that Sig triggers are "crappy" and that you're "spoiled" by CZ75 triggers.
    I've never experienced that.

Plus, I'd rather carry a more powerful Sig P229 .357 Sig then a longer and heavier CZ75 that only comes in less powerful 9mm.

They are BOTH good pistols, yet I find myself carrying my P229 more than my CZ75.
    YMMV

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I was responding to your claim that Sig triggers are "crappy" and that you're "spoiled" by CZ75 triggers.
    I've never experienced that.

Plus, I'd rather carry a more powerful Sig P229 .357 Sig then a longer and heavier CZ75 that only comes in less powerful 9mm.

They are BOTH good pistols, yet I find myself carrying my P229 more than my CZ75.
    YMMV
    I agree with most upstream, I will add the cz75 variants that are in different calibers and configurations. Including 40sw that can be reconfigured into .357 Sig. One thing missing a 10mm.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    As for sigs, I love them for their ergos, they work amazingly well. Zero issues in the thousands and thousands of rounds through my ; p320 in 40sw, p220/8. I will be getting a p320 axg pro, w. German p226 and hopefully a Swiss 210 later this year or next. Plus they are just beautiful.

The trigger isn’t the best, but they are good. Sigs, to me will never be the best gun, at any one particular thing (like the 1911 has a great trigger and history but that’s about it) but they are good at everything. One of the few guns that don’t require work to be useable.

At the end of the day, like what you like, use what works best for you and just enjoy the process.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    It's likely just me....

What am I missing?
    Also, thanks for asking respectfully, a lot of folks get stuck in the “xyz is the best (opinion) and you’re wrong for thinking otherwise because I’m better, smarter and handsomer than you”

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    It's likely just me....

What am I missing?
    I’ve always liked my sigs, I’ve thought the double/single action pull on sigs were amazing! They fit my hand, all the way from the compact 239 to the 227! The ergonomics of the “p200 series” to the 320 and 365 families are amazing! The triggers pull is amazing!

Then I bought my first cz, back in 20, I bought my first cz, a shadow 2 single action and holy $h1t! If fit my hand nice! And omg the ergonomics are amazing!

But…it was 2 hundred more than an sig legion! And the trigger pull was 1.9 pounds! Way too light for carry! And scary light for competition! My second cz was a czchmate and it’s got a 1.9 pound trigger too! But it’s plastic! (Yes p l a s t i c!) if I swap the trigger will it get heavier, I don’t know (but I kinda hope so, but it looks kinda complicated (the internals) so I’ve left it alone (ps it’s a 3200 dollar pistol that comes with a plastic trigger!)…did I mention that the trigger is plastic?

Now I fondled a p10, thinking man if the trigger on the cz75 was that good the p10 is going to be awesome!…imagine the look on my face when the trigger was worse than a Glock!!!…I sat it back down, and walked out of the shop thinking “you have ruined my dreams and my childhood!” And my p320 trigger was a lot better!

So in the end I will say to each their own! And buy what you like and what makes you happy! But big huge mad props yo for not coming to this thread and starting $h!t like has happened in the past!

And did I mention the czchmate has a plastic trigger???

Top Bottom