• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice collection.

I'm trying to decide if I want to have a slide cut to let me run a red dot on my Legion or Elite. Or, I may have a CZ 40P slide cut instead. If I go 40P, it will be a range toy. If Sig, I'd need a holster for it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Nice collection.

I'm trying to decide if I want to have a slide cut to let me run a red dot on my Legion or Elite. Or, I may have a CZ 40P slide cut instead. If I go 40P, it will be a range toy. If Sig, I'd need a holster for it.
    They are making spare slides already cut, supposedly on the Sig site already. Not sure on price either.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    New grips went on the P229 Elite yesterday
    abc2e25850c69fe96cff5548e82e03e1.jpg

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Pawn shop in Lafayette has a P226 in .357 Sig for $850. I offered the $550 that I paid for mine before transfer and basically got laughed at. $850 seems quite high. It did have the E2s on it and some new sights, but I don't think it was a $800+ gun. :dunno:
    Not to drag up a somewhat dated post but I picked up a P226 in .357 for $450 online last week. $450 +25 s/h +25 ffl fee = $500 for a P226 in .357.

$850 is way high.

-B&G

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Not to drag up a somewhat dated post but I picked up a P226 in .357 for $450 online last week. $450 +25 s/h +25 ffl fee = $500 for a P226 in .357.

$850 is way high.

-B&G
    I ended up getting a P226 in .40 S&W for a little under $525 after shipping, sales tax, and ffl fee via GunBroker that following weekend. $850+tax is crazy money for it for me.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    What are the GreyGuns upgrades? Im brand new to Sig btw. This is my first one ever. I know the mainstream models but im not familiar with popular upgrades for different models.
    I don't know their exact upgrades for the P320, but they have a whole lot for the P-series (P226, 229, etc).

They have a bit for the P320 (maybe their armorer's block would be of interest?): https://grayguns.com/product-tag/p320/
    If you're content with your Apex trigger upgrade, you're probably set for the gun since you probably won't want to mess with the FCU internals. I did like the Wilson Combat extended slide release for the brief time I had a P250. Much easier to release for the RHS of the gun (for my lefty thumb).

I mirrored the extra parts I bought from Chaplain and 88. In case anyone is interested, here's the list from when I bought them (I'm clearly a bit slow to upgrade)
    Sold my Browning BPS last weekend. Turned around and spent the lion's share of that on P226 upgrades this morning. Between Osage and Gray Guns, I was able to get the GG ELS, GG Fat Strut, GG SRT, and the GG stainless guide rod. Osage had the SRT kit, while GG did not. Thanks for the insight, y'all.

Previous owner chewed up one of the grip screws and my Chapman hollow-ground tip set couldn't do the job on that screw. Sadly, Osage is out of stock on replace grip screws for the P226. I'll replace that screw at some point. Maybe will just replace the grips altogether. Sights and grips are the a future issue. Something I'll do if I ever get a lathe and set up a home shop is move away from flathead screws for gun use (as least, to the extent possible). These used guns all have scars and ruined screws from people using improper tools on them.

For anyone considering the P226 & DIY upgrade route, here's what I've got in it so far:
    $550 for the gun & shipping, $20 for the transfer, $150 Osage, $180 GG, giving
    $900 total before sights, grips, or aftermarket hammer.

This particular pistol came in .357 Sig out the gate, which saved my from having to buy a second barrel to put it into .357 Sig. The finish on it is nearly perfect. Just a couple small spots on top, so no refinish costs for the foreseeable future. A small patch of dark orange on the top of the feed ramp. Doesn't look pitted and should clean up nicely. Looks barely used.
    Their enhanced leverage system, fat strut, short reset trigger, and stainless guide rod. Got free shipping from Osage, which is always sweet.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I ended up getting a P226 in .40 S&W for a little under $525 after shipping, sales tax, and ffl fee via GunBroker that following weekend. $850+tax is crazy money for it for me.
    my best gal bought me a p229 in .40 s&w for $535 about 2 months ago. it has some wear on the slide and was in desperate need of cleaning but well worth it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That P320 is really sweet BRC. One day, I’ll add a 320 to the collection. My son has a P320 but it’s his nightstand gun and I don’t get to play with that gun

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Thanks! You should definitely get one but dont be like me lol. Just buy the closest one to what you want from the start. Im not done with mine and already hundreds of dollars deeper than just buying an axg classic :facepalm::nuts::spend:.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks! You should definitely get one but dont be like me lol. Just buy the closest one to what you want from the start. Im not done with mine and already hundreds of dollars deeper than just buying an axg classic :facepalm::nuts::spend:.
    Yeah, the whole modular thing has its benefits, but can also cost $. I've seen some of the FCU lego builder aspects, but haven't added it up how much it is to go that complete route from the beginning either and just buy all parts along with an FCU.

They are definitely proud of the AXG grip modules. I haven't held one yet so I should reserve judgement, but they seem quite $$$

Top Bottom