• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I plugged my truck in at night.. when below 20.. it’s a diesel ;)
    There's a big difference between a 10amp block heater and a minimun 100 amp charger for a EV vehicle.

With the old electric meter you'd have a really hard time counting the revolutions as it spins.

My neighbor across the street has a Chevy Volt. He commutes from Plainfield to the 70/465 area on the eastside every day. It must be charged when he gets home every night and in his opinion the only money saving there is involves typical vehicle maintenance (oil/air filters, tune up and such), cause it really runs his electric bill through the roof. Of course a Volt is a Hybrid, so imagine what it cost to charge a Tesla, and that can't be charged with a hamster running on the wheel.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If your friends vehicle needs charged every day. He should do it at one of the charging stations that are provided free at many places.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If your friends vehicle needs charged every day. He should do it at one of the charging stations that are provided free at many places.
    Sure, let's park it to charge it at a free charging station, then hitch a ride in a combustion vehicle to go to work while it charges. What a novel concept, let's burn the world from both ends, let the green eco nuts heads explode over that one. :lmfao:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Really, we do that, for the diesels.
    10 square miles, there's a lot of diesels, and that's a lot of fuel. Dozers and Cats.
    But, if you need a Cat to do something, it won't start, it affects millions of $$ of Production.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Really, we do that, for the diesels.
    10 square miles, there's a lot of diesels, and that's a lot of fuel. Dozers and Cats.
    But, if you need a Cat to do something, it won't start, it affects millions of $$ of Production.
    We left our rigs running over night, they was even ordered without plug ins. Miles and $$$'s lost if that truck can't get on the road. Including my pocket if I shut it down and did not start the next morning. These newer trucks have great emission standards.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    There's a big difference between a 10amp block heater and a minimun 100 amp charger for a EV vehicle.

With the old electric meter you'd have a really hard time counting the revolutions as it spins.

My neighbor across the street has a Chevy Volt. He commutes from Plainfield to the 70/465 area on the eastside every day. It must be charged when he gets home every night and in his opinion the only money saving there is involves typical vehicle maintenance (oil/air filters, tune up and such), cause it really runs his electric bill through the roof. Of course a Volt is a Hybrid, so imagine what it cost to charge a Tesla, and that can't be charged with a hamster running on the wheel.
    I have two Volts, first one bought 10/2012. For both of them since bought I have averaged 4.5 cents/mile. If you buy gasoline at $2/gallon you would have to get 44 miles/gallon to equal my cost. I never used gasoline on my daily commute, just on long trips out of town. I usually bought 10 gallons of gasoline a year. The oldest is now over eight years old and the battery gives just as much range when new.

Top Bottom