• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Seems like this quote from the 150th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. From President Calvin Coolidge is appropriate.

About the Declaration there is a finality that is exceedingly restful. It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern. But that reasoning can not be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people. Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers. . . .

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Magyars, that strikes firmly into the heart of the globalists avowed plans to bring forth their new feudalism, a technocratic beast in which skill in wealth producing activities no longer count towards the generation of political power and the individual worker is a liability rather than an asset.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I did.
    Still do.
    Really? On the topic, which was what I was responding to, which was making the choice to be disconnected, yes, I get you are your own boss, but can you do your job without a smartphone? How do you get calls? Texts? Look up parts? Which if you go home and do from computer you are still connected. My point to Red was that few have the choice to be truly disconnected...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This topic made me remember when the whole mobile phone situation came up. Employees were ecstatic they could be connected to family and friends, even at work. Years later employers are estatic they can be connected to employees 24/7. LOL

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Really? On the topic, which was what I was responding to, which was making the choice to be disconnected, yes, I get you are your own boss, but can you do your job without a smartphone? How do you get calls? Texts? Look up parts? Which if you go home and do from computer you are still connected. My point to Red was that few have the choice to be truly disconnected...
    My response was as to my choices in life not the phone.

In this modern era no we can not do anything with out that damned phone.
    It is a life line for me.

But, I am not one of the "Stooges" we see every minute of every day with their nose buried in the damned thing oblivious to all else. No I am not one of those morons. It is an addiction. A serious one.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The First 48 on A&E Network is one of my regularly watched series. I am amazed by the frequency at which homicide detectives will use a suspect's cell phone location data to break an alibi or build a case based on their location at a specified time. I suspect that at times, we are all being watched and monitored.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I would just like to add, today the thought crossed my mind that even if it took an EMP to stop the ‘agree to cookies’ and ‘sign up for 10% off’ pop ups, I’m all for it.
    You're definitely not the first or only, though the benefits would be far beyond the crumbling of cookies :winking:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I remember when my boss gave me my 1st Tone only pager. It toned and I called the shop. I grew to hate it.

Then we got the "Dual" tone pager. 1st tone call this number. 2nd tone this number.

Then came voice pagers. We actually had some fun with those.

Today accessibility is an addiction. A serious one at that.
    I used to do parcel delivery for a small regional outfit waaay back in the day. There were probably 15 offices spread throughout the US, all with their own 800 number, so I didn't always recognize who might be paging to check on a package.

The sales guys in our local office occasionally thought it was funny to page a some of us with toll free numbers that amounted to 1-800-HOT-GUYS and the like, knowing we'd call thinking it was a legit trace inquiry.

I still hate pagers.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Posted here so as not to hijack the thread on cameras here:

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Ever just sit back and think about the very scope, the capabilities, of systems that can actually make use all that data?
    And the data will be stored forever so whatever new data mining tech that comes along years from now, it too can make use of that data.
    Wondering how long it will take the federalies to falsify said data in order to place a person they want out of the picture at the scene of some crime / compromising situation and then just sit back and let the media do the rest.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    And the data will be stored forever so whatever new data mining tech that comes along years from now, it too can make use of that data.
    Wondering how long it will take the federalies to falsify said data in order to place a person they want out of the picture at the scene of some crime / compromising situation and then just sit back and let the media do the rest.

Stalin is green with envy.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    A young colleague sent this article to me recently. She seemed surprised at the constant surveillance that was going on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/...gXKwXM_KAROZzyB4-H_B320ibp_leVf_C0IwXlH-GS-c8

We got into a good conversation regarding another article I pulled at random from many on the topic and shared with her.

It turned into an interesting discussion that will likely continue for some time.

What do you think of the right to be left alone?

Sounds like a "Karen" that wants everything their way and doesn't live in the real world.

Exactly ZERO percent chance of NOT being on survalience in the US...

There is no 'Right' to not be on survalience in the US,
    But the first amendment grants him the right to complain,
    Which he will use/abuse endlessly and to no avail...

Top Bottom