• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    You know, after watching so many militias FAIL at their responsibilities at developing a network of informed, educated, trained, and prepared citizens, I have come to the conclusion that outside of the Organized State Militia, we really do not have a group that can perform their functions to the degree necessitated in a SHTF scenario.

I have a question. Considering CISPA, this is probably a very stupid question to ask, but. How difficult would it be to set up a group that actually held true to its statements without going 5th grade overboard and starting a media sensation that undermines us as a people looking to support our community and help make aware the dire need of a network of educated persons to help those less prepared?

I have always thought of leading a Mutual Support Group, though I have little to show in the way of preparedness other than my own mental awareness and understanding of prepping (obviously not to the degree of near psychotic paranoia). I would like to get certified in First Aid and Disaster Relief skills. But I would like to help others prepare themselves for events where such "accidents" wouldn't affect them quite as harshly as it would the unprepared.

Am I imagining a pipe dream or is it possible to build a network of prepared, both in the sense of firearm awareness and physical preparedness?

goosehuntermp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenwood, IN
    I too, have the underlying "tug" to belong to a group who get together to hone practical skills, WITHOUT the cowboy antics shown in fail videos. There are strengths found in numbers and those numbers will surely be needed in the next few years.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I would support a group such as you speak of providing it does not get all crazy. good informative and networking and educating to the public i think are very needed. Besides a well organized group could be one that our kids could be involved with as well

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Mutual aid groups are much more practical. Its not like you want some rigid command structure of people, and have any desire to assist the state or feds in any real function, as a proper militia is designed to be. Throw in the stigma from the media, an the occaisonal nutjob, and militias are just not a wise choice.

If you really want to get invovled at the community or county level, look into your local CERT program.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    My only issue with CERT programs and cooperation with government organizations is what do you then do if your entire structure is based upon working with another group and bot able to function on your own?

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    my area does not have nor has any intention of developing a CERT group. Alredy looked into that. The reason I chose the term militia is because firearms awareness, safety, and training in imperative to any civilian looking to protect his/her family. Afterall, the only way to counter the current system of indoctrination (school system) is to make your own and start early.

Otherwise, a MSG, is pretty much what we would be. I had plans to speak with the NRA and see if they would offer group discounts on their basic and advanced classes if our group participated at the same time. Further that with First Aid certs and other preparedness schooling, etc.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    In my opinion, any group large enough to do what needs done, will inevitabley include the extremists and some wacko's! LOL I have a sma.. group of friends I trust wholeheartedly. They trust in me as well. I think, in the event that a larger group is needed to perform any sort of Militia type activities, that several of these small groups will join together. Just my thoughts. Now.....a list of contact info for some leaders of the smaller groups of like minded people may not be a bad idea ! ;)

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    i still remember a vast amount from being a medic in the army, and still use my marksmanship training fro the Marines and have helped many others as well. Unfortunately the training courses available are usually very expensive and out of reach for alot of people when all they really need is safety instruction and basic marksmanship principals. That could easily be handeled by a local Vet if the shooting area was available.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    i still remember a vast amount from being a medic in the army, and still use my marksmanship training fro the Marines and have helped many others as well. Unfortunately the training courses available are usually very expensive and out of reach for alot of people when all they really need is safety instruction and basic marksmanship principals. That could easily be handeled by a local Vet if the shooting area was available.

Which I fully understand, hence the plea for a group discount and more of a pitch in to reduce individual expense. But nevertheless, you are a right, if there were someone experienced in such skills that would train without the stupid boot camp BS, then the group as a whole could advance quickly.

As far as the wackos...yeah that's gonna happen regardless, thats why we as makeshift CERT would have to have appropriate security measures in place and the balls to kick unwanted nutjobs and fat bastards out.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    Which I fully understand, hence the plea for a group discount and more of a pitch in to reduce individual expense. But nevertheless, you are a right, if there were someone experienced in such skills that would train without the stupid boot camp BS, then the group as a whole could advance quickly.
    If you yourself are not plugged into the American Legion or VFW. you can always search for your local national guard armory or connect with local recruiters to find quality people to help with the marksmanship. Hook into one of these groups and i best aside from a range the cost would be very minimal.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Any group of prepared people in today's world will become the focus of the governemt . Even if you have zero bad intentions they will watch you a and label you something you are not. Just FYI

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    If you yourself are not plugged into the American Legion or VFW. you can always search for your local national guard armory or connect with local recruiters to find quality people to help with the marksmanship. Hook into one of these groups and i best aside from a range the cost would be very minimal.

That's a good point, thank you.

Any group of prepared people in today's world will become the focus of the government . Even if you have zero bad intentions they will watch you a and label you something you are not. Just FYI

Simply voting republican or supporting the constitution garners the government's attention so regardless, it is either you stand around and twiddle your fingers because of fear of reprisal, which in the end leads to an uncertain future when reprisal becomes reality. Or you do something about it help those around you, knowing full well that future is bleak anyway and the more prepared the community is, the higher the chances of survival.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    For your basic marksmanship training try an Appleseed event. Excellent, affordable starting point.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's a good point, thank you.

Simply voting republican or supporting the constitution garners the government's attention so regardless, it is either you stand around and twiddle your fingers because of fear of reprisal, which in the end leads to an uncertain future when reprisal becomes reality. Or you do something about it help those around you, knowing full well that future is bleak anyway and the more prepared the community is, the higher the chances of survival.

I agree either you stand or you fall. I'm just saying people should be aware of what they are setting themselves up for. There's nothing illegal about forming groups or even militias unless they decide to engage in illegal activity. Just expect that you will have snakes in the grass who will try to push people to commit illegal acts. All the time we see groups who are led by undercover Feds towards illegal activities they would have never done on their own most likely. They are experts in indoctrinating people with crazy views much like how the foreign terrorist groups recruit.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Step 1 to not making your militia look ridiculous: Don't wear fatigues head to toe, ESPECIALLY if it's the pre 2000 era Woodland camo. :):

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    I agree either you stand or you fall. I'm just saying people should be aware of what they are setting themselves up for. There's nothing illegal about forming groups or even militias unless they decide to engage in illegal activity. Just expect that you will have snakes in the grass who will try to push people to commit illegal acts. All the time we see groups who are led by undercover Feds towards illegal activities they would have never done on their own most likely. They are experts in indoctrinating people with crazy views much like how the foreign terrorist groups recruit.

Yup. That is to be expected. I am certainly not foolish enough to think that one of the few (if I could start my own) militias that didn't hail civil war would be untouched by some government agency. Proper awareness is extremely important to undermine such activities.....though difficult it may be.

Step 1 to not making your militia look ridiculous: Don't wear fatigues head to toe, ESPECIALLY if it's the pre 2000 era Woodland camo. :):

I support the ownership of BDU's urban digital (ACU), and woodland PROVIDED they are not used in public (unless in martial law) or mockery of our military. Our men and women have earned the use of those uniforms. We basic civilians however should only use them in tactical training and when forcefully drafted into our own units during martial law or other similar situations.

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    I would join something like this. I as well have wanted to join a militia for this same reason but can not bring myself to it after talking to a few around here and there is no MSG in my area.

Top Bottom