• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    My fascination with firearms started when I was a kid. I was always mesmerized by the WWII weaponry in particular. My dad had shotguns when I was a teen, but when I became a soldier myself I finally had my very own rifle to take care of. I got to shoot a myriad of other weapons which was awesome! We were taught to take care of our weapons and it can save your life, but it was a tool. Like a hammer to a carpenter so was a rifle to a soldier. Regardless, it becomes part of you. Some may not have served, but still have the same feeling when they pick up their firearm. It just feels right… safe… familiar.

I chose my screen name for a reason because it has become an addiction. I bought my first handgun after I got out of the military. I sold it when my first son was born under duress from my wife. Fast forward 19 years and I decided to get a carry gun and took some training. I taught my boys about safety and respect for firearms and they carry them now as well.

One gun, turned to two…three, etc… one safe turned into two. Buying them turned into studying them, learning ballistics, ammunition types, history, and wanting to understand how they work. I started building AR’s, repairing and replacing parts in handguns and rifles. I’m not a gunsmith, but I have learned from them.

It has become my passion and my addiction besides my drag racing hobby. Trying different types and styles searching for the perfect one. Buying, selling, trading on my quest. I have several that may be close, but I feel “the one” still out there. My Eleanor, Unicorn or whatever you want to call it. The one that when you pick it up it just feels like a part of you. I am just going to keep searching, studying, learning, building, fixing, and collecting until I find it. I believe there are others out there that feel like I do and to you, salute!

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    OP, sounds like you learned a lot, and your journey has been a good one, Keep it up! Money has been my limiting factor as to finding THE one, I'm still searching.. I have some great guns now, and have owned some great guns in the past, some (ok many) I regret selling/trading/getting rid of. At this point I have a few guns that fill a niche for me, Bolt, semi, lever, shotgun, HD handgun, carry handgun, but trying to find the one plinker that I want. I'll probably stop, when they cremate me, maybe..

gryphnrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 29, 2016
    Kendallville
    I find myself gravitating to .22 cal weapons in all forms now my lcp2 is great to shoot it really brought homw my addiction back when ammo was so scarce I could still shoot a couple hundred rounds every other month at least and I am always on thw lookout for the "one" part of my issue will always be price as I have never been able to own more than 2 handguns and a few rifles at a time. I always try to save then house issues and life issues take my money. .22 has always been the stress relief since I first shot my dad's browning lever action.

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I find myself gravitating to .22 cal weapons in all forms now my lcp2 is great to shoot it really brought homw my addiction back when ammo was so scarce I could still shoot a couple hundred rounds every other month at least and I am always on thw lookout for the "one" part of my issue will always be price as I have never been able to own more than 2 handguns and a few rifles at a time. I always try to save then house issues and life issues take my money. .22 has always been the stress relief since I first shot my dad's browning lever action.
    I am very patient and find deals on what I am looking for. Going to ranges and renting things I had been thinking about definitely helps me make decisions. I love my Taurus TX22. By far one of the most fun and cost effective guns to shoot. I snag ammo on sale all the time soI don’t spend a fortune when I do go to the range. I love the .22lr stuff.

gryphnrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 29, 2016
    Kendallville
    I am very patient and find deals on what I am looking for. Going to ranges and renting things I had been thinking about definitely helps me make decisions. I love my Taurus TX22. By far one of the most fun and cost effective guns to shoot. I snag ammo on sale all the time soI don’t spend a fortune when I do go to the range. I love the .22lr stuff.
    Actually I sold my tx22 for the lcp and it is the only one I regret selling it was so absolutely fun to shoot but I was trying to get the wife involved with the lcp platform. I check them out every time I go to the gun store but man if I only had the funds lol

Top Bottom