• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I was listening to gunfighter cast and I heard this.

The Professional Code of Defensive Shooting Instructors

1. I am committed to the safety of my students, and hold that the expected benefit of any training activity must significantly outweigh any known or perceived risk of that activity.

2. I believe that it is my responsibility to understand not just what I’m teaching, but WHY I’m teaching any technique or concept, or offering specific advice.

3. I recognize that defensive shooting skills, along with the drills and gear used, are inherently specialized and usually distinct from those of target shooting, competition and hunting endeavors.

4. I will encourage my students to ask questions about course material, and I will answer them with thorough and objective explanations.

5. I understand that Integrity and Professionalism are subjective traits and I strive to maintain high levels of both. I am capable of, and willing to, articulate the reasons for the way I conduct my courses and how I interact with students & peers.

6. I believe that it is valuable to engage my peers in constructive conversation about differences in technique and concept, with the goal of mutual education and evolution.

7. I believe that the best instructor is an avid student, and I will strive to continually upgrade my own skills and knowledge. As part of this belief, I understand that my own teachings need to be subject to critique and open to evolution.

ChrisBenavidez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    This was written by Rob Pincus, Grant Cunningham, and several other highly regarded instructors. It's a solid foundation. They've also started an organization called the Association of Defensive Shooting Instructors where prominent well known instructors like Mike Seeklander and Marty Hayes are members. This will be one of the best forums for defensive shooting instructors to discuss topics. Go join if you are an instructor. ADSI – Association of Defensive Shooting Instructors

Rob Pincus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Glad you guys approve! Check out ADSI for more info on Professional Development and Continuing Education.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glad you guys approve! Check out ADSI for more info on Professional Development and Continuing Education.

I joined and became an associate member last month just because I liked the idea and wanted to support what you guys are doing.

Got my packet the other day and look forward to ASDI growing.

Top Bottom