• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My mom would make liver and boiled spinach. I swore to myself I’d never eat that when I grew up.
    Make that creamed spinach with a little lemon juice, I'd be in heaven. Oh add in a side of some mashed taters.
    The wife is always overly dramatic when I eat canned sardines or herring
    My wife is the the same way when I make salmon patties.

Needs Cabbage fried in lard on the side.
    Bacon grease with some egg noodles, now your talking.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Thanks folks now I’m on a breakfast cooking binge. 4 egg smoked ham, chive and onion cream cheese, with onion sprinkles, flaky grands with strawberry smuckers and thick fried potatoes with a ice cold milk chaser. No OJ no coffee. I did squirt some French’s ketchup on the spuds though. 1668624932941.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Not a lot of "healthy eaters" in this thread, I guess. Overall worst foods for your health (Bacon is #1. Yes, I know it's debatable b/c so many foods are bad for you, but Bacon will always be among the worst.)
    lol what? Everything in moderation. Bacon is actually very nutritionally sound,unlike something like margarine which should make every terrible foods list.
    I will add to this uncured bacon is not a processed meat,but rather simply a cut.
    Bacon cured and processed with nitrates,yes you can say it is a processed meat. It is however not like the bacon processed in China,much of Asia,and Europe were it is ground chemically treated the pipped onto trays in strips(much like hot dogs). This is the bacon most studies refer to as "the worse".

But calling all processed meat bad in itself is really dumb. Wood smoked salmon from the great lakes(done by the Ojibwe indians and sold to the public via treaty of 1854) is one of my favorite meats,and yes by the loose definition of processed in that article it is "bad". I will disagree. Same for uncured bacon or even bacon that is traditionally cured(no nitrates).

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks folks now I’m on a breakfast cooking binge. 4 egg smoked ham, chive and onion cream cheese, with onion sprinkles, flaky grands with strawberry smuckers and thick fried potatoes with a ice cold milk chaser. No OJ no coffee. I did squirt some French’s ketchup on the spuds though. View attachment 237027

"I’m kind of the equivalent of a meat eater turned vegan but I just hate on bacon these days. "
    Jsomerset

I do not think vegan means what you think it means.

"Veganism: is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in your diet."

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Don’t ever talk to me again!
    Can’t do bitter. No coffee, beer or greenery ie. peas, Lima beans, broccoli, asparagus, brussels sprouts. Exceptions would be lettuce, cabbage and canned green beans, cucumbers and zucchini which should be floured and fried in butter just like morels which is gods reward for eating vegetables in the first place. The cabbage should be ground up and converted into slaw or fried with sausage. Green beans should be simmered with a couple pearl onions and a chunk of ham hock or fried up with potatoes, green beans and smoked sausage served with buttered yeast rolls and tall glass of ice cold milk. No OJ no coffee.

Top Bottom