• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    ABC’s Martha Raddatz to illegal alien who crossed the border: “Would you have tried to do this when Donald Trump was president?”

Illegal alien: “Definitely not.”

Raddatz: “Did you come here because Joe Biden was elected president?”

Illegal: “Basically” pic.twitter.com/OsxvdG8xO0

— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) March 21, 2021
    I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.
    I am so disappointed in myself not to see at the time how we were rope-a-doped by the republicans on immigration, in particular, for too long.

Trump has been called, correctly by my estimation, the great awakening. His rise included so many outing themselves for who they really are.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am so disappointed in myself not to see at the time how we were rope-a-doped by the republicans on immigration, in particular, for too long.

Trump has been called, correctly by my estimation, the great awakening. His rise included so many outing themselves for who they really are.
    Trump was the exception in doing what was right for the country. Whilr the Ds wanted fresh voters and the Rs wanted sub-minimum wage labor and neither wanted the border problem solved, convinced most people it can't be done, then, oh ****, Trump does it quite well in spite of most every court on the continent trying to stop him.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Remember when folks thought it would be a good idea to delegate enumerated powers to the central state in order to defend those delegating said powers?

If one cannot recognize how far off the rails this **** show has gone, one may want to consider how blind, deaf, and dumb they truly have become.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Remember when folks thought it would be a good idea to delegate enumerated powers to the central state in order to defend those delegating said powers?

If one cannot recognize how far off the rails this **** show has gone, one may want to consider how blind, deaf, and dumb they truly have become.
    The central power staying within those enumerated powers would have been a great start.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Granted I am far from an expert on law, but it would seem to me an agent has no authority beyond that delegated to it.

No doubt an expert will be along to explain how this is not so.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Granted I am far from an expert on law, but it would seem to me an agent has no authority beyond that delegated to it.

No doubt an expert will be along to explain how this is not so.
    I agree. The Constitution set definite limits. To wit, the federal government has only the authority specifically delegated to it in article I section 8 , yet we see a majority of its actions falling squarely outside those parameters, including behaviors expressly prohibited.

You're right. I am sure the usual suspects will be along to tell us that the Supreme Court (Red Frank Packed Edition) ruled it constitutional therefore it constitutional

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    We should write our representatives for a reciprocal agreement so we could have paid for vacations in Mexico.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I agree. The Constitution set definite limits. To wit, the federal government has only the authority specifically delegated to it in article I section 8 , yet we see a majority of its actions falling squarely outside those parameters, including behaviors expressly prohibited.

You're right. I am sure the usual suspects will be along to tell us that the Supreme Court (Red Frank Packed Edition) ruled it constitutional therefore it constitutional
    That constitutional passage, and the 9th and 10th amendments, along with the preamble to the bill of rights of course.

On another forum I have gotten the, the supreme Court found differently, what seems to be lost on those who wished you take that tact is that the supreme Court has been demonstrably wrong more than once. They have overruled prior precedents more than once. And currently it is without doubt that the supreme Court is neutered by the threat of being packed. Therefore I always return back to the source documents and the contemporaneous body of work.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That constitutional passage, and the 9th and 10th amendments, along with the preamble to the bill of rights of course.

On another forum I have gotten the, the supreme Court found differently, what seems to be lost on those who wished you take that tact is that the supreme Court has been demonstrably wrong more than once. They have overruled prior precedents more than once. And currently it is without doubt that the supreme Court is neutered by the threat of being packed. Therefore I always return back to the source documents and the contemporaneous body of work.
    One of the sources of wrong decisions from the SC is Red Frank's 4 terms which allowed him to leave us a court with 9/9 leftist justices. Until Trump's appointments the best we ever had was a 4/1/4 split allowing us the status quo but no gains in terms of constitutional government. Now it seems too late especially with Roberts taking a left turn.

Top Bottom