• ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Reloading on the fly?

For an empty gun reload my muzzle is still pointed toward the target, although I will admit to elevating the muzzle to approximately 45*, finger off of the trigger of course.

Tactical reloads are done with the muzzle still on target or the threat area.

I was specifically referring to pointing the muzzle after the shooting has stopped and the shooter has begun scanning. I don't agree that muzzle up is the better choice.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    I'm not sure that the guy in the video was really scanning. I obviously don't know how TR teaches scanning but it looked like he was just spending a lot of time with his back to the target. Scanning should be a pretty quick process with your head really on a swivel. Did he really need to turn around and stand there for a while?

and that is how people get killed. ambused . blindsided

scanning should be delibrate you need to see what your seeing and what your not seeing you should be checking your AO for possible threats from all and any area around you, but only after your first issue has been shot to the ground and there soul is bleeding down the gutter of life

tactical hairflips as you describe are about useless.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    and that is how people get killed. ambused . blindsided

scanning should be delibrate you need to see what your seeing and what your not seeing you should be checking your AO for possible threats from all and any area around you, but only after your first issue has been shot to the ground and there soul is bleeding down the gutter of life

tactical hairflips as you describe are about useless.

Ok. Shoot bad guy, turn 180, stand there a while, turn 180 again. Got it.:noway:

I'm amused when people make sweeping statements about what will get you killed.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    that is not how i stated it so get over yourself there are various ways to scan there super hero

Now having over 500 hours of training and more to come plus teaching over 500 students this year MIL /LEO/Good guys and gals.

over 15 years in one the roughest enviorments and over 400 physical altercations and a lot more pre attack indicators and assults etc....

I do know a bit about scanning and being blindsided and assualted.
    and afew more things i wont care to share on the board.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Ok. Shoot bad guy, turn 180, stand there a while, turn 180 again. Got it.:noway:

Holy *** Bat Man, now you got it. Just keep up the good work and one day you can actually start your own training company and teach folks how to survive a real world fight. Give me a **** break! Dude you need to stop talking so much and start learning. When is the last time you actually got out and trained? Not shot a paper target, but got you ass out and trained? When is the last time you did a bail out of a car with three other shooters and moved back to cover while putting hate on the threat? I have been nice to this point, trying to respect everyones views, but it is clear to me that you simply don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    The topic of this this thread is the tactical response video with the camera man down range. This quote:

kingnereli said:
    Ok. Shoot bad guy, turn 180, stand there a while, turn 180 again. Got it.

is an accurate description of what the shooter in the foreground does. Mine and others assumption was that he was not scanning, but just turning around for some reason. Hopefully because he realized how dangerous what they were doing was.

Now I'm not real sure why you guys are so defensive about me pointing this out:

Steve MI said:
    that is not how i stated it so get over yourself there are various ways to scan there super hero

Now having over 500 hours of training and more to come plus teaching over 500 students this year MIL /LEO/Good guys and gals.

over 15 years in one the roughest enviorments and over 400 physical altercations and a lot more pre attack indicators and assults etc....

I do know a bit about scanning and being blindsided and assualted.
    and afew more things i wont care to share on the board.

and

Britton said:
    Holy **** Bat Man, now you got it. Just keep up the good work and one day you can actually start your own training company and teach folks how to survive a real world fight. Give me a ****ing break! Dude you need to stop talking so much and start learning. When is the last time you actually got out and trained? Not shot a paper target, but got you ass out and trained? When is the last time you did a bail out of a car with three other shooters and moved back to cover while putting hate on the threat? I have been nice to this point, trying to respect everyones views, but it is clear to me that you simply don't know what the **** you are talking about.

The guy shoots his target, turns around and stands there a while. Then he turns back around and begins to reengage his target. You don't have to be some kind of hot shot Rambo to see that. If you would like to dispute what very clearly happens the video feel free, but that isn't an effective way to scan. You would have to work under the assumption that the first assailant is no longer moving or conscious. Which may not be the case. You guys may disagree but the disrespect is uncalled for.

Your experience would be far more believable if you were at least able to control your temper over an internet discussion. If you can show me where anything I have said is factually inaccurate then I will relent. If you're just throwing a hissy because I have condemned a form of training that you apparently condone then I will ask you to keep it civil.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Even if I was civil and very calm I don't think you would you would understand. You either get it or you don't. Tactical Response has a 100% money back guarentee. If you want to find out then take a class, if you don't then don't.
    I am done with this thread.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    YouTube - Firearms Training Safety

I am honored to call him a friend.
    I'm glad you posted this! It did NOT change a thing in my mind, at all. Our troops do not train in this ridiculous manner yet they take the fight to the enemy every day very effectively. I have never been to a class that does anything like this. Yet, somehow, we all learn to fight without a F'ing camera man downrange! TR is blacklisted for me now. Just too irresponsible to be in business, in my humble opinion.

Berretta9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    His insurance carrier has got to be flipping out. God forbid anyone ever does get hurt there but if it does happen and the lawyers get a hold of that manifesto, not going to be a good day.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    His insurance carrier has got to be flipping out. God forbid anyone ever does get hurt there but if it does happen and the lawyers get a hold of that manifesto, not going to be a good day.

Do we know that his school has insurance in the first place? If not, he's got no real reason to care. Someone gets shot, his school gets sued, he turns over the keys and and name, then opens a new one.

What I am genuinely curious about is how often Yeager plays photographer?

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Probably not uncommon. In the same video response (posted in this thread) where he says that safety doesn't exist, he also claims that having people down range is safer than just paper. :rolleyes:

You can't make up stuff like this.

Berretta9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I liked the line about looking for one true warrior. A lawyer friend of mine looked at the shooting video and says " Oh hell, thats Wanton Endangerment. Thats not only dangerous it a crime. What state was this in ? ". The sad part is probably 99% of what they teach is probably pretty good stuff but this is really really bad. It is all over the internet.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    It free publicity folks and I'm sure its attracting people. Folks that are willing to put someone's life in danger just so their training seems a bit more realistic.That being said , what kinda folks are you gonna find on his firing line. Folks that are willing to risk someone else's life to make their training seem more realistic.
    I think eventually if he keeps putting people down range like that, chances are it'll end up costing someone their blood or their life. I mean, a ricochet from the back stop could ruin your day, permanently!
    Just not worth the risk to make your training seem more realistic.
    In reality if they wanted to make it realistic they'd have the guy jump up and run away from the gun fire like any sane person anywhere in the world would do. Yeah,that's it, have folks criss-crossing the firing line screaming and yelling, carrying babies and bags of groceries and stuff. THAT would be realistic training. Everybody has to take a turn down range. Bet his enrollment would seriously decline. Maybe the guy down range shout be shooting at a target next to you and screaming obscenities at you while holding his handgun sideways like a Gangsta.
    Its just not worth the risk in my estimation, life is too precious to risk it like that.
    Casting people in a less than manly light simply because they are not willing to risk someone's life to " increase the reality" of their training is pretty short sighted as well.
    Would that guy let his daughter or son stand there? No way.That guy taking the photos may have had lotsa experience getting shot at. Seems to me if he really had had lotsa folks shoot at him that he mighta been hit a time or two and wouldn't wanna experience it again.
    Lifes too short and too precious to risk it foolishly or for very little, if any, gain.
    My .02

Top Bottom