Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning folks.
    mom I hope he gets to see him as well. Life does not move on our schedules.
    I told him we could leave sooner. My boss would be fine with it. He said no...we will go as planned and he is okay with whatever happens. I think part of him doesn't want to see his brother so sick and weak. I understand and hope he doesn't regret the decision, but I am letting him take the lead on this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I told him we could leave sooner. My boss would be fine with it. He said no...we will go as planned and he is okay with whatever happens. I think part of him doesn't want to see his brother so sick and weak. I understand and hope he doesn't regret the decision, but I am letting him take the lead on this.
    I understand totally.
    that he is even doing this shows his feelings.
    it sucks when family splits up so far away.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I understand totally.
    that he is even doing this shows his feelings.
    it sucks when family splits up so far away.
    When his parents divorced, he was 17. His older brother was stationed at a naval base in Washington. His dad was extremely abusive so his mom moved the family to be near the oldest brother. My hubby stayed there for about a year and hated the weather so he moved back here. The rest remained in Washington state. I told him that this is a good opportunity to see his other brothers again since only the oldest one travels here to visit. He is the one that never wants to leave...LOL.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When his parents divorced, he was 17. His older brother was stationed at a naval base in Washington. His dad was extremely abusive so his mom moved the family to be near the oldest brother. My hubby stayed there for about a year and hated the weather so he moved back here. The rest remained in Washington state. I told him that this is a good opportunity to see his other brothers again since only the oldest one travels here to visit. He is the one that never wants to leave...LOL.
    I have friends base out of Wash state. The weather is different.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have friends base out of Wash state. The weather is different.
    The two times we have been there, it was cold and damp. It was a light rain most of the time. He said it was depressing. He likes the four seasons here.

I guess I better get going. We have a meeting before work this morning so I shouldn't be late for that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The two times we have been there, it was cold and damp. It was a light rain most of the time. He said it was depressing. He likes the four seasons here.

I guess I better get going. We have a meeting before work this morning so I shouldn't be late for that.
    Yes that typically what a day brings up there. The e trade of is some magnificent landscapes.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yes that typically what a day brings up there. The e trade of is some magnificent landscapes.
    I agree. I love the mountains and the views. We have never driven there before so I am looking forward to that part of the trip, assuming we go. Oh well...time will tell. Praying he holds on for a bit longer, but it does sound like he has given up.

Talk to you all later. I have things I need to get done and then off I zoom.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. I love the mountains and the views. We have never driven there before so I am looking forward to that part of the trip, assuming we go. Oh well...time will tell. Praying he holds on for a bit longer, but it does sound like he has given up.

Talk to you all later. I have things I need to get done and then off I zoom.
    Be safe out there today Mom

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom