Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Oh yeah...takes me back to when he got his Honda CL100. Don't leave the property with it...it does not go on the road. His buddy came over on his little dirt bike, and the next thing I heard was that my son went over the handlebars and head first into the road/ditch. He was very lucky and the helmet did it's job, and he was just banged up with some road rash. His helmet was pretty scraped up. We never had four wheelers. The theory was that on two wheels they had to focus on staying upright didn't get a false sense of security like you can have on a four wheeler.
    I waited til my son was 10 to get him a little dirt bike. It was a Honda 100 too. It went ok but just say I was glad I got him a full face helmet too. He did ok but about mid day he whiskey throttled it right into the barn. Then about a hour later laid it down in my gravel driveway. His mom went postal on me and bandaged him all up. 15mins later he was back on it though. That's the reason I went with this go kart thingy. 4 wheel stability, roll bar, a safety belt and a helmet. Can't protect them from everything but should be safe enough to avoid any major issues. And he has to pass gpas safety class too. He's going to have a driver's ed class before it will even be started.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Went and ordered 2 new pair of glasses .
    Come back home an cleaned the gutters .
    Now in filling the pool , preparing to remove the winter tarp and put the solar blanket on.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I waited til my son was 10 to get him a little dirt bike. It was a Honda 100 too. It went ok but just say I was glad I got him a full face helmet too. He did ok but about mid day he whiskey throttled it right into the barn. Then about a hour later laid it down in my gravel driveway. His mom went postal on me and bandaged him all up. 15mins later he was back on it though. That's the reason I went with this go kart thingy. 4 wheel stability, roll bar, a safety belt and a helmet. Can't protect them from everything but should be safe enough to avoid any major issues. And he has to pass gpas safety class too. He's going to have a driver's ed class before it will even be started.
    The oldest grandson got a 4-wheeler and it had a remote kill .
    it paid off the first couple times .
    now the other 2 ride it and he could care less about it .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom