Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I think it's more like 12 hours for this stuff? But it also claims to last 6 months and that's wrong by double. I try to do what I can to plan for it not to rain long enough for the stuff to visibly start dying and usually thats 2-3 days.

On the plus side, I usually can't spray at all for several more weeks because it will normally rain almost every day this time of year. So... :dunno:
    I didn't know they still sold the old stuff. Buying the rainproof in 30 takes the gambling out of it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I didn't know they still sold the old stuff. Buying the rainproof in 30 takes the gambling out of it.

Turns out I'm the old stuff here and that the instructions say it's fine in 30 minutes. Probably haven't read the instructions in 15 years.

I'm still skeptical.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Turns out I'm the old stuff here and that the instructions say it's fine in 30 minutes. Probably haven't read the instructions in 15 years.

I'm still skeptical.
    Don't be. And I use the Rural King brand, "Intimidator". And it's WAY cheaper then Round-up. And just as effective.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I do like 3 times a yr.

Hummm... I just looked the price up and I do have a ton less to do now than I used too (no gravel driveway here). I may consider going that way next year since it's like 1/10th the cost. If I hate it, I only have to do it for one summer to get my money out of it.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Hummm... I just looked the price up and I do have a ton less to do now than I used too (no gravel driveway here). I may consider going that way next year since it's like 1/10th the cost. If I hate it, I only have to do it for one summer to get my money out of it.

I help when I can.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    On my way down to Atterbury to pick up my shotgun (YEAH! Surprise! UPS delivered undamaged and on time) I had to pull over for a minute 'cuz it was raining so hard I couldn't see with the wipers on high. I was hoping to get some rain on the new grass seed but no luck. Not a drop here. Hopefully some tomorrow or I'll have to drag out the hose.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think it's more like 12 hours for this stuff? But it also claims to last 6 months and that's wrong by double. I try to do what I can to plan for it not to rain long enough for the stuff to visibly start dying and usually thats 2-3 days.

On the plus side, I usually can't spray at all for several more weeks because it will normally rain almost every day this time of year. So... :dunno:
    I use Ortho Groundclear. Rain safe in 15 minutes and within 30 minutes the weeds were dying (Just sprayed my patio on Sunday). Cheaper than Roundup too. It claims to last for 1 year, but that's not been my experience, but it still does a pretty good job.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Evenin' cb. Surprised you didn't get any rain down your way. I don't know how much we got, but it came down pretty good for a little while.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    :wavey:

I use Ortho Groundclear. Rain safe in 15 minutes and within 30 minutes the weeds were dying (Just sprayed my patio on Sunday). Cheaper than Roundup too. It claims to last for 1 year, but that's not been my experience, but it still does a pretty good job.

What is your estimate of the effect? You laying it down twice a year?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :wavey:

What is your estimate of the effect? You laying it down twice a year?
    Yeah, I'd say twice a year anyhow. And if the weeds have gotten big, it might take two applications to kill them, but it says that on the jug. I bought the 1 gallon jug with the sprayer built in, and then just buy the refills (2 gallon this time), which makes it cheaper. The sprayer is battery-powered too and you can change the batteries. No pumping or spray trigger to wear your hand out.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    On my way down to Atterbury to pick up my shotgun (YEAH! Surprise! UPS delivered undamaged and on time) I had to pull over for a minute 'cuz it was raining so hard I couldn't see with the wipers on high. I was hoping to get some rain on the new grass seed but no luck. Not a drop here. Hopefully some tomorrow or I'll have to drag out the hose.
    Use Rain-x window washer fluid, you may not need the wipers, serious. Orange bottle.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    Evenin' cb. Surprised you didn't get any rain down your way. I don't know how much we got, but it came down pretty good for a little while.
    Evenin' Yote and DD. Everything was bone dry when I got home. If it rained at all it couldn't have been much. And I was planning to shoot that shotgun before I brought it home. :crying:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom