• ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hear ye! Hear ye! Queen Joyce speaks!

Happy New Year everyone. We hope you had a great holiday and are looking forward to warmer weather and getting the shooting season going.

On that, we know that you are all anxious for news on the new division and the rulebook. Let me share with you the timeline. The rulebook has finished the final team review and the technical writers are done with the last adjustments to the verbiage. The rules will be reviewed by the IDPA Board of Directors this week.

Once the BoD has reviewed the rules, any last minute changes will be made and the rulebook will be released to the membership on the website during the last week of January. The 2015 rulebook will go into effect March 1st in order for everyone to have an adjustment period. We will be sending more information and the link as we get closer to the final date.

We are happy to announce that the membership clearly told us that they wanted a Compact Carry Pistol (CCP) division. The full details of that division will be coming out shortly but competitors and MD’s can start making plans now. The division is based on ESP but the guns must fit an IDPA box with a ¼ inch plywood spacer inserted in the bottom of the box to reduce the box size. Barrel length may be no more than 4.1 inches and the magazine limit will be 8 plus 1 to help level the playing field. This division will use the 125 power factor as well. We are working with Rangelog to adjust the database so that it will accept CCP classifications earlier than the March 1st rulebook effective date to allow our members to get classified for matches this year.

For those that were hoping for an optic division, we are still going to explore the possibility of adding that in the future, Until then, you can still compete with one in the Not For Competition division at the club level should your MD allow that option.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So, an compact M&P9 with a 4" barrel can compete in "Compact Carry Pistol" division. Wow.

I voted for that division but was under the impression that it would be for j-frames, Shields, 380s and so forth. I guess that meets their definition of
    "micro" instead of "compact."

What Glocks would fit into this division? Are there any 1911s that would fit into it?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So, an compact M&P9 with a 4" barrel can compete in "Compact Carry Pistol" division. Wow.

I voted for that division but was under the impression that it would be for j-frames, Shields, 380s and so forth. I guess that meets their definition of
    "micro" instead of "compact."

What Glocks would fit into this division? Are there any 1911s that would fit into it?

Yeah, I was thinking that my Shield might be fun to try. But I should probably try a match first with a full size gun!:)

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I shot my Glock 26 from an IWB holster in SSP this weekend.

It has been about 7 years since I left IDPA, things sure have changed! I didn't see a lot of people competing with what they carry.

I remember being called a "gamer" because I added a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight to my stock Glock 19 LOL.

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I shot my Glock 26 from an IWB holster in SSP Expert this weekend.

It has been about 7 years since I left IDPA, things sure have changed! I didn't see a lot of people competing with what they carry.

I remember being called a "gamer" because I added a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight to my stock Glock 19 LOL.

we know your name now! Not sure which squad you were with; I don't believe you were on mine. Some carry smaller versions of what they compete with and others bring out their super special gamer guns, or Springfield XDm shooters as we like to call them! :D It is more varied now but the good news is, if you do G26 you'll have your own division coming soon.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Cool, CCP would fit my Kimber Ultra better than CDP so I could compete in two divisions again.

Opie I fired thousands of rounds through my daily carry pieces in IDPA and I did upgrade to (hopefully) become more competitive overall.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I can't quite remember which I voted for..I think the optics division but only because they initially sounded like the CCP would be about 4.25" which isn't much of a CCP. knocking it down to 4.1" took out several full-size guns like the M&P9 and the Glock 19 for starters. Not sure barrel length of the M&P9c but that would be another good gun to use in CCP if it fits. I can see that G26 on the horizon but CCP gives me the warm and fuzzies because I can now break out the G30!

so it is official that all revolver types are now in 1 division, correct? No more ESR/SSR, just SSR? how did they work out the power factor thing?

Top Bottom