• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just got the email from Steve- no mention of a sidematch. He said to check out the website, so I did, with hopes the classifier scores would be up. Negative.

Round count of 150-200. We don't need no stinkin 18 round courses. Guess we're going to get a little USPSA style this weekend:D Gotta admit, I kind of laughed at that one. I've got emails from Atlanta and Sellersberg saying they are keeping counts in the 60s this Saturday due to the shortage:laugh:

I saw that 200 round estimate and it is like WTH LOL who has got 200 rounds?!

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I am going to have to skip this month. I did finally get some reloading dies, but will not have time between now and Saturday to develop a reliable load with them.

Too bad, looks like it will be a beautiful day.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I am going to have to skip this month. I did finally get some reloading dies, but will not have time between now and Saturday to develop a reliable load with them.

Too bad, looks like it will be a beautiful day.

That does suck, man! Just keep after it; I've seen the projected courses for WSSC and they look fun.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    No offense, but that doesn't guarantee they practice safe gun handling.
    See major safety issues all too often from folks that have "handled guns all their life".

Very true. I didn't muzzle anyone last month (my first match) and an SO commented that I had good muzzle control when I was holstering. Atleast I did something good lol.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Very true. I didn't muzzle anyone last month (my first match) and an SO commented that I had good muzzle control when I was holstering. Atleast I did something good lol.

I'm glad you all had a good time and are coming back. Once the buzzer goes off and you get in the moment, it gets tough to remember a few things. it does happen to everyone at one time or another.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I'm glad you all had a good time and are coming back. Once the buzzer goes off and you get in the moment, it gets tough to remember a few things. it does happen to everyone at one time or another.

Yeah just like the first badguy. I missed him with all 3 shots, but got a one inch headshot.group on the last bg in that string.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    NICE! :rockwoot: Good to know you've got the inside scoop on all of this:D

The postal match would be an excellent venue for them.

I want to say maybe August for their classifier but it depends on how the berm work progresses. Postal Match, if good like it was last year, will be a great venue. I would have shot it two or three times just because each stage was that good. Would like to see some of those PM stages work their way into a monthly match. If IDPA can work up some good courses like last year, it will be on like Donkey Kong, Jack! (Sorry, watching Duck Dynasty reruns :D)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I want to say maybe August for their classifier but it depends on how the berm work progresses. Postal Match, if good like it was last year, will be a great venue. I would have shot it two or three times just because each stage was that good. Would like to see some of those PM stages work their way into a monthly match. If IDPA can work up some good courses like last year, it will be on like Donkey Kong, Jack! (Sorry, watching Duck Dynasty reruns :D)

August would be good. A guy can bomb the classifier in that month and not care so long as the AC in his car works:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Robert Ray has sent out an email offering positions for staff at the outdoor nationals. I have 0 interest in doing any of that, but I am thinking of shooting it. Earlier in the year I thought I would pass, but the more they advertise stuff about it the more I think about it. Probably need to build up some more points if I want to get serious with it.

Good thing is that it's only an 8 hour drive from here- short compared to Springfield:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    August would be good. A guy can bomb the classifier in that month and not care so long as the AC in his car works:D

While I am against earlier start times, with the ease you can set up a classifier course and how long it does take to shoot one, if you couple that with the possibility of the hot weather, an 8:30 or 9:00 start for the classifier might be the way to go. It would need to be heavily advertised to guys aren't surprised when they show up at 10:30 to get registered and it has already started but I think rotating them into the mix would be an easy thing to do.

Top Bottom