The Official OSUT #217 and baby its cold outside...:)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I posted this across the street earlier.
    Hi all! I had a good visit with Rick (BA) ( Birds Away) yesterday and he is chugging along playing the cards dealt to him. On Monday he was Baptized and it was uplifting and gave him strength. Tuesday Rick had a big drop in his BP falling down to 80 over 50 and a low oxygen level so he is now on oxygen. He has a DNR order and thought it might play out but made a recovery. His morphine has been increased for the 2nd or 3rd time to take away the pain of cancer. He gets this 3X a day and the next bump will put him to sleep until his time comes to an end. We talked about good times and CZ's. One week ago he said he wished he could do one last CZ rescue but it was just not in the cards with his limited time. Most of the time he never eats but when lunch was delivered while I was there he did sample the roast beef, mashed taters, gravy and peas & carrots. He made me sample it just because he kids me I will eat anything and we both agreed it needed salt but was tasty for prison food! Unfortunately he never keeps food down and said it would come back up after I leave. Last week he had a piece of pizza that his brother Dan brought for him because he had an urge to taste it. They tell me I can only stay 30 minutes but I stay until he gets very tired and needs a nap. Yesterday I stayed about an hour 15 minutes and was caught while exiting his room. I will see him this Saturday at 11:30 and they will probably watch my time and usher me out at noon because of their coved crap.
    The first time I went to visit it was not allowed because I did set up an appointment. This did not set well with me but nothing I can do about it after several phone calls into the facility. Visits were set one day a week apart then 1 every 5 and now 1 every three days. Rick had talked to Hoosier 45 and he said that they thought he had maybe 2 weeks left and Rick said he would outlast that! Rick has always liked to set goals and this was always at play with each of his CZ rescues and resulted in big smiles and satisfaction for him. I have been so fortunate to have Rick as a friend and I pray he will have a peaceful passing but will miss him a lot.
    Thank you for the update. Prayers continue.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks Expat. I'd had one before but sold it. It wasn't in as good condition though. I've got a carbine, and also a Vetterli Carcano rifle but I missed that M41.

M91 Carbine
    1615495590037.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom