The Official OSUT #217 and baby its cold outside...:)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow glad you got away from that one mom.
    It may not have even needed everything on the list. Shops have been known to do things just to make money when they aren't really necessary. My 88 needed everything on the front end replaced when we bought it. We talked the guy down 1k and put 500 into it doing it all ourselves. We've been driving it since 1999 and it's been a great truck. She is just rotting away at this point.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It's pretty surprising what people will pay for an older square body. I don't know what kind of shape it's in, but they are pretty hot right now.
    I keep telling him I would have better luck if he would let me buy another burb. He wants a truck. I think a 3rd bus in my fleet would be good. 0102211539_HDR.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Howdy again. Having a good morning! Got in and out of the doctor's office before my scheduled time, so went ahead and went to the Xfinity store and swapped out my set top box. That was just down the street from the Covid testing place, so I stopped in there, and there was nobody in line, so they went ahead and did my test. And it was just the nasal swab, not the "jam it up into your brain" test. Back home now, already set up the cable box and it's a full hour before I was even supposed to be at the Covid test. I may get a nap in today after all! :rockwoot:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    $500+ for a tune-up.

Top of the line stuff would still be less than $75, that's alot of labor. But it is Lake County
    I was scratching my head over that one too.
    $500+ for a tune-up.

Top of the line stuff would still be less than $75, that's alot of labor. But it is Lake County
    Exactly. He tuned up the blue bullet including a new distributor for under $100 last fall.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oops...i tried to respond. Phone did something and the first reply went missing. I guess ingo saved it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi DD. Just finishing up making waffles. Hubby wanted breakfast so I made a big batch to freeze too.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    We have a '15 fusion, local guy wants $900 to do the brakes, says he has to change the calipers and rotors to warranty the brakes
    that's crazy. I got drilled & slotted rotors, and high end pads for all 4 wheels on my vehicle for $400.

I could see calipers making it expensive, but dang. That's insane

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    We have a '15 fusion, local guy wants $900 to do the brakes, says he has to change the calipers and rotors to warranty the brakes
    Front and back?

I do this kind of stuff at my house for people. Let me know if you're interested I can shoot you a price. As long as you can do without the car a couple days

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    that's crazy. I got drilled & slotted rotors, and high end pads for all 4 wheels on my vehicle for $400.

I could see calipers making it expensive, but dang. That's insane
    It totally depends on the vehicle, and what warranty level you want.

Lot's of people want the "Lifetime Warranty", but in reality it's only a one time replacement thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom