• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I would not put a T-400 behind a factory power level T-400. They are power hungry compared to the T-350 and the T-350 is faster due to this. Seen it a zillion times.
    But you are likely never to hurt the T-400 no matter how you assault it.

The kits would be the way to go unless you have an exact list of every piece and part needed to make the swap down to the thrust bearing in the crank that carry's the input shat nose. The shifter/console parts etc.
    Does the kit come with a new or reman. 4 speed. Thats a huge thing. Sourcing a used box can cost more in the long run.

The car looks solid and well kept. Even money he paid $28 for it and is flipping. Just like ammo these guys are leeches.
    He just replied back and yes it seems like the previous owner did the work. Still waiting on engine info but it is converted to disk fronts and kept the original drum parts. Has 273 rear so I'm think a manual swap would also need a gear swap.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He just replied back and yes it seems like the previous owner did the work. Still waiting on engine info but it is converted to disk fronts and kept the original drum parts. Has 273 rear so I'm think a manual swap would also need a gear swap.
    Yup. You would need at least a 3.55 in that on. I am more a 3.73 kind of guy but that touches on interstate cruising a bit.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Also checking with him to see if it is disk or drum as I don't see a booster. In the last week he's went from $36k to $32500 so he must be looking to move it. Everything seems to straight as can be on it and the limited pics of the underside it looks like you could eat off of it. Hopefully it's has one of the higher output 327's.
    Go take a look at it and see if it has double hump heads or not. The 210 hp got crappy heads and 2 bbl carb, 275 hp got double hump heads and 4 bbl and the better cam.

I imagine most everything but the heads have probably been long gone though. The 210hp model is easy enough to wake up, but I still like the 350 more

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Go take a look at it and see if it has double hump heads or not. The 210 hp got crappy heads and 2 bbl carb, 275 hp got double hump heads and 4 bbl and the better cam.

I imagine most everything but the heads have probably been long gone though. The 210hp model is easy enough to wake up, but I still like the 350 more
    L-79 for the win.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I missed this earlier. I believe on the gen 1 Camaro swapping from auto to manual may take a trans tunnel change also. You may want to look into this beforehand. I wouldn't want to change tunnels in a already finished car, may get by with the BFH method but you might want to check into it

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Current owner doesn't have much detail in regards the engine except rebuilt stock 327, new intake, holly carb, RV cam?, & headers. Says it actually not a true restored car. Has had a repaint thinks the floors and such are original without undercoating(not hiding anything). The previous owner powder coated the frame & suspension components. Doesn't know the age of the paint but does have a few touched up areas.
    I missed this earlier. I believe on the gen 1 Camaro swapping from auto to manual may take a trans tunnel change also. You may want to look into this beforehand. I wouldn't want to change tunnels in a already finished car, may get by with the BFH method but you might want to check into it
    Checking around on some camaro forums it sounds like muncie should a easy swap for the 350. Although this could be a weekend cruiser without modifying and flipping later for something else. It would be nice to have a car that I'm not attached to like I am with the firebird.

I need to talk to the boss lady. As when a car pops up it's never a good time to take a look. I'm too damn busy at work this week to take any time off so best case is saturday before I could take a look at it but we are hosting a get together that day. Might need to reschedule the party LOL

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Current owner doesn't have much detail in regards the engine except rebuilt stock 327, new intake, holly carb, RV cam?, & headers. Says it actually not a true restored car. Has had a repaint thinks the floors and such are original without undercoating(not hiding anything). The previous owner powder coated the frame & suspension components. Doesn't know the age of the paint but does have a few touched up areas.

Checking around on some camaro forums it sounds like muncie should a easy swap for the 350. Although this could be a weekend cruiser without modifying and flipping later for something else. It would be nice to have a car that I'm not attached to like I am with the firebird.

I need to talk to the boss lady. As when a car pops up it's never a good time to take a look. I'm too damn busy at work this week to take any time off so best case is saturday before I could take a look at it but we are hosting a get together that day. Might need to reschedule the party LOL
    That car CP posted earlier looks like a heck of a car. 12 bolt, 3.55 gears, Strange axles, power discs. Some potentially good upgrades there. Yeah it has a 400 but it's already there so no use in swapping it unless something happens, and then if it does come out people are always hunting for them

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    1625513959453.jpeg
    Finally set the suspension heights. Green is stock (wife’s car), blue what it was sitting at when I started and red for the final setting.
    1625514026709.jpeg
    and here it is now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yes. The Muncie is not as large as the T-400 and will fit right in the available space. We have doe way to many of these not to be sure.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Engine Masters just had a great episode on the 327. It was a little bored out 331ci. Decent cam, good heads, good intake. Made a screaming 550hp and held it flat all the way out to 8,000rpm on pump gas. Perfect for a 4-speed with a good rear gear in a 1st Gen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Engine Masters just had a great episode on the 327. It was a little bored out 331ci. Decent cam, good heads, good intake. Made a screaming 550hp and held it flat all the way out to 8,000rpm on pump gas. Perfect for a 4-speed with a good rear gear in a 1st Gen.
    And people wonder why that was my all time favorite GM engine. WE could spin one of these 7200+ all day long with mostly factory parts. Mostly as we were poor.....:):

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Here you go @ws6guy found exactly what you're looking for. You're welcome :)

Now we're talkin!

Also posting on camaros forum. Turns out it was also listed on ebay awhile back, didn't meet reserve at 27600. I was thinking 28-30 would be about as much as I want to go on this one. Just not the right color and trans. The wife did remind me that I have nothing but time to wait for the right one. However if this one could be had at the right price I could rock it for a bit :)

As I've been sanding/painting the mantel I made last week I've been pondering the pale yellow one CP posted. I bet it would pretty decent with more modern wheels. Black spokes and a polished lip. Maybe some stripes or a black berger panel. The wheels in my head keep turning LOL.

There's also this one. I absolutely love the blue and white stripes on it. Asked him about pictures of the undercarriage but he doesn't have any but is maybe sending a walk around video.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Now we're talkin!

Also posting on camaros forum. Turns out it was also listed on ebay awhile back, didn't meet reserve at 27600. I was thinking 28-30 would be about as much as I want to go on this one. Just not the right color and trans. The wife did remind me that I have nothing but time to wait for the right one. However if this one could be had at the right price I could rock it for a bit :)

As I've been sanding/painting the mantel I made last week I've been pondering the pale yellow one CP posted. I bet it would pretty decent with more modern wheels. Black spokes and a polished lip. Maybe some stripes or a black berger panel. The wheels in my head keep turning LOL.

There's also this one. I absolutely love the blue and white stripes on it. Asked him about pictures of the undercarriage but he doesn't have any but is maybe sending a walk around video.

That's a good looking car also, but yeah I would want to see some under carriage shots before I headed to Missouri or bought online.

Top Bottom