E1nXilk.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Summit rocks people. Jegs is dead to me.
    I sent Jegs a well worded and civil response to them asking me how I liked dealing with them

In a phrase....."I do not" and will probably not ever again. I have spent thousands and thousands with them over time.
    They responded and asked what could be done to keep me and several of the people I know that were listed who are dropping them.
    My response was no where near as civil as the 1st one. Maybe they will get it this time.

Maybe not.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Summit rocks people. Jegs is dead to me.
    I sent Jegs a well worded and civil response to them asking me how I liked dealing with them

In a phrase....."I do not" and will probably not ever again. I have spent thousands and thousands with them over time.
    They responded and asked what could be done to keep me and several of the people I know that were listed who are dropping them.
    My response was no where near as civil as the 1st one. Maybe they will get it this time.

Maybe not.

Glad you finally converted!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've always had better service from Summit than Jeg's. Now, I do acknowledge that I don't exactly spend a lot with either as I mostly order from the local speed shop when I can.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Purchased very little from Jeg's thru the years as Summit never gave me a reason to shop anywhere else but I never had a bad interaction with them. Of course they were all pre-scamdemic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Getting closer to the end.
    Still need the Holley injection system.
    Still need the stand alone fuel pump to run the dual Nitrous plates.
    Unknowns are the special order axles when I take a bite out of the 12 bolt overall width.
    The custom drive shaft.
    The wiring harness package is an unknown as of this moment.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I'm glad to hear you're getting something done, we've been working on the honey-do list for the last month and heading to FWB this week to work on my sister's house for a few days. Still waiting on the upholstery guy to call and tell me to bring the Galaxie back so they can reinstall the windshields correctly (Yeah, right).

I need to refocus energy on the racecar because I really need to have it operational before it gets too cold to take it out and start debugging the chassis. The plan is to go to nationals next year because it's the 50th anniversary, I attended several including the 25th so it just seemed like a doable goal.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Well I'm glad to hear you're getting something done, we've been working on the honey-do list for the last month and heading to FWB this week to work on my sister's house for a few days. Still waiting on the upholstery guy to call and tell me to bring the Galaxie back so they can reinstall the windshields correctly (Yeah, right).

I need to refocus energy on the racecar because I really need to have it operational before it gets too cold to take it out and start debugging the chassis. The plan is to go to nationals next year because it's the 50th anniversary, I attended several including the 25th so it just seemed like a doable goal.
    Maybe I'll go with you. Be fun to get out there and embarrass myself.

I am taking a new approach on the Notch for now: 10 second street car. Still planning on running an all stock 351w, but instead of the little turbo, I'm gonna use something much larger. Looking at an S475 and S480 on FB Marketplace right now. $250 and $300 respectively - both need rebuild kits. They're not hard to rebuild. And that's a little less than half what either would cost brand new.
    Looking at running a 4r70w behind the 351w.
    As much as I kind of hate to spend all that money, I think I'm gonna end up going with Holley. The Terminator X Max can control the engine and transmission, which would be kinda nice.

Also, I say, "for now" because I still want to set it up as a corner carver one day. I'm sure the convertible will rust into the earth and I'll pull parts off to make the Notch more corner friendly. I want something for one of the Drag Week events. Hoping I can have it done it time for Midwest Drag Week. Time will tell lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man I
    Maybe I'll go with you. Be fun to get out there and embarrass myself.

I am taking a new approach on the Notch for now: 10 second street car. Still planning on running an all stock 351w, but instead of the little turbo, I'm gonna use something much larger. Looking at an S475 and S480 on FB Marketplace right now. $250 and $300 respectively - both need rebuild kits. They're not hard to rebuild. And that's a little less than half what either would cost brand new.
    Looking at running a 4r70w behind the 351w.
    As much as I kind of hate to spend all that money, I think I'm gonna end up going with Holley. The Terminator X Max can control the engine and transmission, which would be kinda nice.

Also, I say, "for now" because I still want to set it up as a corner carver one day. I'm sure the convertible will rust into the earth and I'll pull parts off to make the Notch more corner friendly. I want something for one of the Drag Week events. Hoping I can have it done it time for Midwest Drag Week. Time will tell lol
    Man oh man I am gonna love this. The mad scientist looking for huge power and forward bite. Love it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just got off the phone with the body shop that has the 64 S/S.
    That guy is spinning out. Once his feet have been put to the fire he is hoping around like a drunk Mexican jumping bean.
    I swear as much as doing body work drives me crazy I am tempted to go get that car/rent a space on gasoline alley and do the rest myself.
    I do so hate a poser.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Man I

Man oh man I am gonna love this. The mad scientist looking for huge power and forward bite. Love it.
    I'm excited for it. Have some other stuff to pay off and save up for a transmission for the truck in case it decides to crap out on me over the summer.
    Actually having a plan for this car has me giddy. I want full interior, cage, AC is a must since it's not a convertible. Planning on cheap wheels and drag radials. Also, for giggles, I'm gonna see how well a 7.5" rear end holds up under power. Why? Because I have it. I also have a spare 8.8 so I don't care if I break the 7.5" lol. And it will be good practice for my first welded rear end.

Top Bottom