• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Man I love these

That is pretty nice! I'd be taking a drive up to look at it if my finances would allow it, lol. I had a '72 Buick Apollo. Same car, different brand. I'd take the Starsky and Hutch stripe off it, detail the motor and have fun!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just recognized your car in the profile picture. Did the red wagon you sold end up staying local? I was really kicking myself for not buying it right when I saw it for sale.
    It got shipped to Florida. Sad story on that one unfortunately, but in the end it worked out better for my family. Lost a lot of “friends” on that one. But came out much better in the end…

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would load my toolbox up and quit my job today for that...
    Interesting how several in the comments wouldn't want to do it. Not liking Dodge? Come on man! You must be stuck in the 70's! I am primarily a GM person, but I'd also quit my job for a year on tour and $150k. I bet during that time I can line up another job when the year is up with the contacts I'll make traveling.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    254273179_4365883486856129_7150407570556433188_n.jpg

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Broughammer

Yeah but what transmission... Also looks like Rodney the Redneck tuned that bad boy with a screwdriver and not a single care in the world. "Rolls coal like a train" yeah well you can tune 'em up right so they make even more power with less smoke.... Also means it's been hot-rodded to hell and back lol

My buddy has tried to convince me to throw a 12 Valve into one of my Mustangs. I'd rather put it in a Ford Ranger and build a drag truck out of that.

EDIT - ohmygawd I just saw the intake piping. That's atrocious lol

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah but what transmission... Also looks like Rodney the Redneck tuned that bad boy with a screwdriver and not a single care in the world. "Rolls coal like a train" yeah well you can tune 'em up right so they make even more power with less smoke.... Also means it's been hot-rodded to hell and back lol

My buddy has tried to convince me to throw a 12 Valve into one of my Mustangs. I'd rather put it in a Ford Ranger and build a drag truck out of that.

EDIT - ohmygawd I just saw the intake piping. That's atrocious lol

Optimized intake flow for sure :lmfao:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Try and find a Marathon station that sells Rec gas. It's 90 Octane with NO ethanol. Some Speedway's have it too.

That's all I'll use in the small engines. I get it 5 gallons at a time, which would usually last me all year, put Seafoam in it and I have had zero issues.
    The Crystal Flash in Whitestown at 334 and I-65 have 90 Ethanol free at every pump. I use it in my old John Deere and small engines.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I tried a couple times to modify a set of equal length headers to work as turbo headers for the Mustang. Unfortunately, the header on the passenger side has this crazy wide bend on it and it's going directly into the shock tower. I attempted to bash it in but unfortunately all that did was ruin a perfectly good header lol.

Got a little frustrated because I couldn't find the piping that I needed to modify it and couldn't find a good enough deal on a set of unequal length headers on FB. Jumped on eBay just for giggles and Holley was selling a single set of scratch and dent FlowPro turbo headers. Already have the v-band connections and everything. $100 off retail got them scooped up for $139 with shipping. As long as these fit with no modification, then it was the right move. Should be here in a few days. I'd like to get some progress made on the turbo kit next week.
    Hoping to have the majority of the turbo kit built by PRI. Just realized I gotta figure out my intercooler situation... I really want the Dodge intercooler to work, but at the same time I have to get it fixed so may end up looking for another option anyway.

After looking at multiple intakes online, I decided I'm going to give the sheet metal intake a go.

And I'm leaning toward using the nicer of the two 351w blocks that I have. The one that sat outside is really rough and I know it can work, but I think the other one is gonna be easier to set up. The nicer block is the one that spun a rod bearing. I looked at the crank inside and it honestly doesn't look that bad. Thinking I'll see if I can polish it up myself and if not then I'll talk to a shop about getting it fixed. But the nicer block has a main-block girdle, ARP studs, and DSS forged aluminum pistons. All I gotta do is replace a cam bearing or two, fix that crank, and buy a new rod and all new rod bearings.
    Yes, I know that I could probably put those pistons and parts in the other block, but this one is already pretty clean so I'd rather save the time and hassle of cleaning the block lol

Top Bottom