• ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a new hypothesis.
    If its a snow event, take them at face value. When the snow arrives to an already below zero environment, believe what they say. If they say you are gonna get hammered, you are going to get hammered.

If its a rain to snow event that starts at least in the 40s, expect hardly any actual snow. The cold front tends to be at least 50-60% of the way back from the leading edge of the precip, so it invariably ends up being a mostly rain event.
    Now there you go again using common sense and reasoning. You just can't help yourself can you? When the weather forecasters send a message implying you should panic the by golly you should panic. (Clearly sarcasm is implied here)
    Now, I'm not surprised to see we haven't gotten the snow amounts they predicted but they were pretty spot on with the temps. Your assessment is probably about right

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Not much snow in Hendricks. Cold, but not incredibly so.

tqRPo70.jpg

yEuIYxG.jpg

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    my work closed.. after I left wasn’t too bad at first. Got the message the plant closed and I turned around to go home.
    Complete white out and going about 7-10 mph hit a drift and took a ride into the ditch..
    Fine officer from the Indiana State Police was about 1/4 mile in front of me and the wrecker right behind him.. 175.00 to not to go to work!
    State patrolman was a great and so was the gentleman in the flatbed who winched me out
    This is the first time I have every got stuck/ran off the road. 3 miles from house.
    It’s still a white out at times here 985C35C2-7FA5-4482-B27D-B2EE9855F9C0.jpeg

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    just got done doing the driveway. My hands are burning. I bought expenisve snow gloves a few years back and that did the trick for a while, then i bought wool liners, and hand warmers to put in the expensive mountain gloves. I dont get it my, hands hurt so bad, but im completely fine every where else.

I decided to use the electric start on the snowblower for the first time in a long time. I didnt let it warm up enough and it died, went to pull start it and broke the cord. Now i gotta rewind that, but snow wasnt too bad, just had to judge the wind. I did have to keep telling myself that theres homeless people out there sleeping in this crap so I cant be complaining about being out for an hour in it.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    You better get a pot of water boiling on the stove, my friend. Our humidifier has been chugging along after refilling it yesterday evening.
    Have a whole house humidifier, i do not believe the indoor temp and humidity to be correct on the display.

When you leave the light on, it warms up the indoor temp 4 or 5⁰

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Didn't get much snow. Looks like maybe an inch at the most. I'm good with that. :thumbsup:
    In this case, I agree. It’s way too cold to go out and play in it.

At least it makes driving bearable. The snow is so hard and crunchy you still get good traction in it as opposed to that slushy mess that makes you slide everywhere.

Top Bottom