• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I took last year off due to selling my house and moving to a new one. The good news is I have my own property to hunt on now as well as the property I have been hunting on for years. Added a new cellular camera to the mix this year. I am loving it so far. Well worth the money if you ask me. What is everyone doing to prepare? Post your experiences.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The almost 70 acre woods I have been hunting for the past 20 years was sold to a lumber company a few months ago. I just set up a stand on my own tiny piece of property. Might have to get pointers from Hookeye on how to drop a deer in it's tracks.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I did zero a .30-06 but think it might be a bit hot w 150s for 100 and under timber hunting.
    My .35 rem w 200 grainers is just comfy.

Arrows done, but am not shooting til doc says I can. So will miss the opener.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Update: Just got this photo from the new cellular camera. Not the best picture, but doesn't look like a deer.

View attachment 91596

Smoke that dog!

Used to see em opening weekend of gun, and bud and I have shot em. But last 2 yrs have not seen any.
    I think maybe once I heard some at dusk, kinda far off.

Did see some tracks late season in snow, but not many.

Hopefully the yote population is way down.

Bud put 4 cameras out on edges of the property............and we have very few deer.
    It aint lookin good this yr.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I only got out a few days for rifle last year, and saw nothing. Did see an old deer carcass, and I assume one of this guy's buddies were the culprit.

Not that coyotes don't deserve their share of blame for killing deer but there's a better than good chance the carcass you found last year was from the EHD outbreak last summer/fall.

Top Bottom