• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I would never **** on Old Glory, even with Obama's face illegally superimposed on it. I would happily separate the stars from the bars and burn the latter, however; The Stars do not appear to have been desecrated.

I respect the intentions of our soldiers of Camp Blackhorse and thank them for their gesture. It is my considered opinion that someone was (or several someones were) unaware of 4USC 8(g)

I certainly can not argue with that. Just feelin a little frisky tonight I guess...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I would never **** on Old Glory, even with Obama's face illegally superimposed on it. I would happily separate the stars from the bars and burn the latter, however; The Stars do not appear to have been desecrated.

I respect the intentions of our soldiers of Camp Blackhorse and thank them for their gesture. It is my considered opinion that someone was (or several someones were) unaware of 4USC 8(g). (sigh--I hate when posts get split and the good parts lost-will try to recreate)

Our soldiers at Blackhorse and indeed, all our military, have my respect and my thanks. They're putting their lives on the line to defend all we have.

It was wrong for Bush to sign the flag. It is wrong for Obama's face to be plastered on it. Jeff, are you really saying you served all that time to defend the "right" of people to defy our laws, and this is something you currently support? Last I checked, 4USC is still a law, even if it has no defined penalty.

See... tomorrow, a man who asked the help of his God and took an oath he didn't keep, with his hand on a book he reveres, will leave office and will be succeeded by an empty suit who will ask the help of a God in whom he does not believe, with his hand on a book he wants only for symbolism, while he takes an oath he has no intention of honoring. I do not envy either of them come Judgment Day. Conversely, our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines have voluntarily chosen to put their lives on hold and stand in harm's way to defend all we hold dear, at the known possible risk of losing all they have. I would count myself fortunate indeed to stand at their sides or even in their shadows when my own acts are judged.

Camp Blackhorse soldiers, I thank you for the thoughtfulness and spirit of your gift to us here.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I just want to say THANK YOU to those who have served to protect and allow thse *ssholes to fly these repulsive flags. I couldnt serve but I say thank you.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Our soldiers at Blackhorse and indeed, all our military, have my respect and my thanks. They're putting their lives on the line to defend all we have.

Camp Blackhorse soldiers, I thank you for the thoughtfulness and spirit of your gift to us here.

I just want to say THANK YOU to those who have served to protect and allow thse *ssholes to fly these repulsive flags. I couldnt serve but I say thank you.

You know, if you really want to say thanks...

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

I respect the intentions of our soldiers of Camp Blackhorse and thank them for their gesture. It is my considered opinion that someone was (or several someones were) unaware of 4USC 8(g).

BoR, as always, well said. I agree with those that have posted thus far regarding the intentions of our troops overseas sending the "INGO flag" versus the intentions of the brainwashed "Obama-occult." I am of the opinion that the vast majority of Obama's voters don't know too much about him or his policies, they're just smitten with him to the point of blind worship.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Promoting the assasination of a sitting President isn't likely to go over very well in some LE circles. You can say what you want, but I'm just sayin'...

I would never do that. I edited my wording. Then the evil Joe Biden would be in office. He is far worse then Obama could ever be. Remember, he wrote the 1994 AWB in the first place for that Clinton fellow.

I wonder if he will ever prove his birth status? I could see Joe Biden wanting in so bad, he would bring up something about it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is the flag really real or a Photoshop file?

If it's real I'm not suprised today on TheView (was over a female friend's house fixing her PC and she had that one) they were showing all the BO stuff you can buy from T-Shirts, Buttons, bobble heads, mugs, rings, chains, flyers, posters, BO telescopes so you can see him while in the DC MALL area, beanies, earnings, etc.. Just think of all the stuff you can get Elvis's face on and switch it for BO and you get the point.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It is my conviction that since 4 USC 8(g) was violated, even under the best of intentions, our INGO flag should be destroyed in a dignified manner, preferably by burning.

I still give a salute to the intent.:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It is my conviction that since 4 USC 8(g) was violated, even under the best of intentions, our INGO flag should be destroyed in a dignified manner, preferably by burning.

I still give a salute to the intent.:patriot:

I can't with good conscience do that. I hope Fenway feels the same. Even if he leaves it folded and framed, I hope it never gets destroyed.

Fenway, don't do it man! Give me the flag! I'll have it Framed and sealed!!! :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm of two minds on the subject as well. My opinion, though, is that the INGO flag was treated with respect and is being given with respect, code violation notwithstanding. The Obama flag, however, is more like a marketing ploy. Forgetting the subject matter for a moment, it just seems like a way to sell the product.

I remember a few years ago seeing a beach towel for sale printed to look like a flag and I told the store manager that it was distasteful and shameful. Mind you, this wasn't a towel with a flag on it, or a towel with a stars-and-strips stylized motif. It was a full-sized terry cloth flag, meant to dry your ass off with.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I don't see the INGO flag any different than my cousins burial flag that my aunt had his name and unit embroidered on. It's not flown or displayed in public, however, those who have served and the surviving families have earned the right to display that flag anyway they choose.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can't with good conscience do that. I hope Fenway feels the same. Even if he leaves it folded and framed, I hope it never gets destroyed.

Fenway, don't do it man! Give me the flag! I'll have it Framed and sealed!!! :D

It's been tradition to use flags in this manner since there's been flags. There is absolutely no reason to destroy that flag.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Does it matter that the INGO flag is retired?

I found this and it makes me wonder.

Common misconceptions
    Many well intended and patriotic people have deep seated ideas about how flag retirements are suppose to be done. Most of their ideas make wonderful flag retirement ceremonies, but are not necessarily fact when it comes to what MUST be done. Again, the simple statements of the US Flag Code are the only rules we must follow. That said, the following common misconceptions are disproved.

Misconceptions:
    • The flag must be cut up before retiring.
      The Flag Code does not say anything about cutting up the flag. A version of the BSA publication "Our Flag" did state "cut it into small pieces that will burn easily and completely on a modest, but blazing fire." The conclusion to this lack of comment on cutting up the flag can mean; you may cut or not cut the flag as long as the flag is retired in a "dignified" manner.

• If the flag is cut, it must be done with scissors, not ripped or cut with a knife.
      If this is your custom, it is great that you have such respect that you have developed specific customs for flag retirements. Be aware that others may have a custom that says the flag should only be ripped, not cut. Also know that there is a number of very patriotic people who feel that cutting or ripping the flag in any manner is a desecration of the flag and they will be biting their tongues hard as you do so. (If you do cut the flag, perhaps you may want to consider doing this prior to the ceremony in consideration of those who might find this part traumatic.)
    • Only certain organizations are authorized to retire flags.
      A number of people believe that only veterans or patriotic organizations, military organizations, and scouting groups can or should retire flags. However, any organization or individual may retire a flag in a ceremony, or in their backyard by themselves. (Common sense may tell you that if you do it by yourself that maybe you should do it in private so others who happen to see don’t mistake your dignified service for unpatriotic desecration.)
    • Flag retirements should only be done in a ceremony, only on a separate campfire, the fire should not be used for anything else, the ashes should be buried, etc.
      All of these, when explained to others, are good ways to demonstrate your own customs and your respect for our flag. However, they are just that, your customs. There are many different flag retirement ceremonies with differing elements in each. Generally groups and organizations evolve and refine what makes their customs feel patriotic, respectful, and dignified.
    • Only people over 18 may handle the flag during flag retirement ceremonies.
      Not true
    • The flag must be retired by burning.
      The flag code says "PREFERABLY by burning", meaning that burying, or other method can be done when burning is not feasible.
    Pass along your traditions, but teach respect too!
    As we see, the US Flag Code allows just about any type of flag retirement ceremony. That doesn’t mean we can’t have our traditions. Teach your traditions to your children and grand-children, and tell them why they are important to you and your unit. Tell your audience, "this is our custom, and other groups may have different customs."
    The key is respect. Respect for our flag, and our country. Respect for others. There are many different flag retirement ceremonies you can conduct, and you could certainly design a ceremony yourself. The only requirement is that you conduct the ceremony in a "dignified" manner. Do this, and most people will be sincerely moved.
    http://www.sar.org/history/flag/retire.html

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I remember retiring flags at BSA camp with my dad who was a scoutmaster for our troop. He explained to me what we were doing and why. IIRC, we retired flags that had touched the ground, as that was considered disrespectful. There was something about not flying a flag at night without a light shining on it as well. I'll have to see if I can dig up my copy (if I still even have it) of "Our Flag".

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Unfortunately, the BSA Handbook says nothing about flag retirement. Everything else flag related, but not retirement. At least mine doesn't. Mine is Copyrighted 1990 so maybe earlier or later editions cover this. Maybe not.

Always helps to give that book a look through for something like this or outdoors like. Too bad it's always in my BoB and I have to dig in there when I need it! LOL

I might have a copy of "Our Flag", but it's most likely packed up with my other BS stuff and my dad's....

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Well, then what about the INGO Flag Fenway is getting from our soldiers?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, either one, but Obama on our flag is sickening and a contridiction in terms.... IMHO

The difference in my mind relies on if you are acknowledging the flag and adding to it, rather than dominating it. Putting text unobtrusively on a flag is letting the flag be represented and adding to it. Putting something over almost all the flag is making sure that the flag is in the background, not the foreground. This is an Obama flag with an American flag background. That is why I find it offensive.

Top Bottom