• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acmetruck1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2021
    Schneider
    Finally, a new cartridge that truly does something I can appreciate.
    I am looking forward to the new Henry chambered in 360 BHMR!
    A few questions come to mind on this:
    Will 30/30 brass or 38-55 brass size to the 360?
    Can we preorder rifles from Henry?
    I assume other manufacturers w introduce a model or two. Does anyone have a model they’re hoping will be chambered for the .360?
    Thanks

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I think you can use a bullet diameter up to .357 with the 350 and .359 with the 360. Guess there are more commonly available bullets available for the 360 if you reload but I seriously doubt twenty thousand's of an inch matters much on game aside from bullet style.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    It makes some sense to me. Basically, this round lets lever action guys maximize performance in straight wall states. Impressive round for straight wall. Nice 'n fat .358 caliber bullet, 180 grains cookin at 2350 fps. Kinda like a 35 Remington but with more horsepower.
    JBS01173.jpeg
    Developing from the 30-30 shortens any teething issues bringing this into existing lever gun designs.

Its doing to the lever action world what 350 legend did for autoloaders.

Don't worry guys, nobody is making your 30/30s obsolete :lmfao:
    Let the people who want it go and spend their money on it.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It makes some sense to me. Basically, this round lets lever action guys maximize performance in straight wall states. Impressive round for straight wall. Nice 'n fat .358 caliber bullet, 180 grains cookin at 2350 fps. Kinda like a 35 Remington but with more horsepower.
    View attachment 258177
    Developing from the 30-30 shortens any teething issues bringing this into existing lever gun designs.

Its doing to the lever action world what 350 legend did for autoloaders.

Don't worry guys, nobody is making your 30/30s obsolete :lmfao:
    Let the people who want it go and spend their money on it.
    Crazy how the gun / ammo producers do things…. Seems to just chamber levers in 350L would be the answer but then again I do not run a multimillion $ company.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    This seems like the manufacturers would save on production costs if this is as easy as a barrel switch in their process. Changing from a rimmed cartridge to a rimless (or whatever the 350 legend is) would take more time and tooling.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    This seems like the manufacturers would save on production costs if this is as easy as a barrel switch in their process. Changing from a rimmed cartridge to a rimless (or whatever the 350 legend is) would take more time and tooling.
    Surely there are other rimless lever guns you can base the design on to accommodate the 350 instead of reinventing the wheel with a new cartridge? Not an expert just an observation from someone with limited machining/tooling knowledge.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Remington was loosing market share and wanted a piece of the pie Winchester is getting with the Legend hence the new cartridge. Will they both survive? Who knows. Many think Remington is too late to the game and the Legend will survive simply because if it's compatibility with the highly popular AR platform.

acmetruck1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2021
    Schneider
    What is the benefit over the 350 legend that we can use on public???
    It’s a rimmed .358” for use in lever actions.
    I know 350 L is available in a bolt action but I don’t see much reloading components available for the 350L and I am not sure how easy handloading will be anyway. Also Not a fan in hunting w AR. Don’t get me wrong I love ARs just don’t see any gramour in hunting with one.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It’s a rimmed .358” for use in lever actions.
    I know 350 L is available in a bolt action but I don’t see much reloading components available for the 350L and I am not sure how easy handloading will be anyway. Also Not a fan in hunting w AR. Don’t get me wrong I love ARs just don’t see any gramour in hunting with one.

Wouldn’t work well, if at all.
    Henry makes a lever gun in 308 and 243 ? Seems it can work.. I am not an expert though

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Box magazine vs tube. The rimless can work in a lever, just needs a box magazine.

Savage and Browning has done this also
    Winchester and Sako made them as well. Three of the 5 no longer make them though because they were prohibitively expensive to manufacture.

Edited to add, only Browning and Henry produced a .223/350L sized action version.

Last edited:

JonN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    IN
    I bought into the 350 legend hype, and love shooting my xpr.

Not sure I'll spend the same energy / money for the 360 Buckhammer. There's plenty of 30-30 love to go around in my safe, and not sure I see the need for another rimmed lever.

Of course I didn't have a "need" for the 350L either

Top Bottom