The my choice is the Only choice for Daily carry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I shoot my Shield almost as well as my 1911 and both better than my 2.0 compact. Plus anything larger than the Shield is too cumbersome for my svelte physique.:)

These arguments go on and on. I do whole lot more than strap on a firearm to stay safe. The firearm is the last item of protection for me and the last thing I would implement.
    I keep a can of chewing tobacco to use as a ninjy star in case my shirt is too tight and I can’t do a proper judy chop. ;)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Cooper was wrong here. His perspective and false bias that a couple rounds on target will stop every target. There are tons of videos of bad guys remaining lethal after catching a full magazine. One dude was walking through a firing squad. Synthetic uppers change the game and your 6 shot micro carry automatic or revolver are obsolete.

And don't give me tthat's why i live in the cOuNtRy, these things are crawling around in every rural town now. We are all only one late night dog walk away from finding one in the scrap pile behind the shed.

Almost any creature on this continent can be stopped with one round but it must me accurately placed. Making that happen under stress is the difficult piece of that equation. Training greatly increases your chances of accurate fire under duress. Accurate fire from a 22 LR can be lethal. Although a 22 would be my last choice for self defense I have yet to find someone eager to catch one to prove how ineffective it is. Best option is something reliable you are comfortable with and have trained with. Just my :twocents:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Almost any creature on this continent can be stopped with one round but it must me accurately placed. Making that happen under stress is the difficult piece of that equation. Training greatly increases your chances of accurate fire under duress. Accurate fire from a 22 LR can be lethal. Although a 22 would be my last choice for self defense I have yet to find someone eager to catch one to prove how ineffective it is. Best option is something reliable you are comfortable with and have trained with. Just my :twocents:

You can keep your 2 pennies. Multiple videos of tweakers walking through multiple officers unloading on them kill that theory.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Federal...
    9mm 124 gr P9HST1 1150 FPS at 364 ft-lbs
    .40 165 gr P40HST3 1130 at 468 ft-lbs

I'll take an extra 100 ft-lbs of energy in .40 for $500, Alex. :ingo:
    But but but, the FIBs says.....
    I do still like my .40M&P but I wouldn't wanna carry a smaller frame .40. I just don't like the recoil and I chose years ago to carry the shield, now shield plus cause I like the size for IWB, so 9mm it is.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    When concealment is a must, it's usually a 38 special or 380 pocket.

Any other time, it is a full size....Usually a 1911, Browning HP, or CZ 75.

Carry what you shoot well and will help you get to your rifle.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You can keep your 2 pennies. Multiple videos of tweakers walking through multiple officers unloading on them kill that theory.
    So ..., if multiple officers unload on them, and assuming maybe 17+1 of 9mm, seems like your 13+1 polymer wonder doesn't have enough to get the job done, either

According to your theory, you should be carrying a Glock with a 32 round clip and a 17 round spare and you MIGHT survive

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So ..., if multiple officers unload on them, and assuming maybe 17+1 of 9mm, seems like your 13+1 polymer wonder doesn't have enough to get the job done, either

According to your theory, you should be carrying a Glock with a 32 round clip and a 17 round spare and you MIGHT survive
    Better chance with 17rds in the glock 45 than 6 in a snubbie.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My daily carry is what i carry on any given day.

1911, Walther PP, Mauser broom handle, Ballister-Molina, Star M45, Colt SAA...whatever, it's what I daily carry.

If that's what you're not carrying that day obviously you're a looser! ;)
    :ingo:

Top Bottom