The my choice is the Only choice for Daily carry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Better chance with 17rds in the glock 45 than 6 in a snubbie.
    To which I say, surely you're familiar with the many cases where an individual dumps a whole mag at someone and never hits them once

And then you say 'You need to be able to hit what you're aiming at'

At which point we have come full circle to find that Cooper is actually right and 8 is enough :cool:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    To which I say, surely you're familiar with the many cases where an individual dumps a whole mag at someone and never hits them once

And then you say 'You need to be able to hit what you're aiming at'

At which point we have come full circle to find that Cooper is actually right and 8 is enough :cool:
    No still wrong. Pcp and meth > revolver capacity. Revolvers and 1911s are obsolete.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So ..., if multiple officers unload on them, and assuming maybe 17+1 of 9mm, seems like your 13+1 polymer wonder doesn't have enough to get the job done, either

According to your theory, you should be carrying a Glock with a 32 round clip and a 17 round spare and you MIGHT survive

I'm your Huckleberry! The 17 round spare is the Shadow Systems MR920 (havn't shot it yet).

Added bonus if you carry the Banshee IWB .... BOOM! - instant hit with the ladies. "Is that a Banshee in your pocket, or ....

9mm Goodness.jpg

:@ya: .

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40-Watt Range. Lets face it, if that's your carry? Bad things have happened, probably from the invention of the Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40-Watt Range.
    From the book "The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries"

Maxim #34
    If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun

minigunjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Its a complicated formula for daily carry. Some people think you should carry as many rounds as possible, some say if you're accurate you dont need more than x amount so go high power. Ultimately, they don't know what you expect to encounter or your capability, and as long as you're comfortable and proficient with your equipment, their opinions doesnt really matter.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    Its a complicated formula for daily carry. Some people think you should carry as many rounds as possible, some say if you're accurate you dont need more than x amount so go high power. Ultimately, they don't know what you expect to encounter or your capability, and as long as you're comfortable and proficient with your equipment, their opinions doesnt really matter.
    I think some expect to take on a whole gang by themselves! Not saying it couldn’t happen but definitely not the norm.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since the INGO says all pistol calibers (except maybe 9mm, it is the sweet spot I have read on the INGO) suck, if you are serious about self defense, you must be carrying an AR or AK pistol.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Since we are already a little off the rails let me add this.. Which is more likely to stop a threat, a 22 LR in an eye socket or a grenade in the middle of a two acre field? Pistol calibers for the most part are not designed to stop a threat with one shot. Inaccurate fire will never stop a threat, even the 500 S&W. I think most would agree, rounds that miss their intended target are never effective and potentially deadly to bystanders.
    Parabellum has a carry gun match once a month and Tim's has Action pistol twice a month.. COACH was fond of saying " Men don't like to train because they don't want to suck in public" He had a special way with words and logic that was always inescapable.
    Carry what you are accurate with and, as Trapper Jim said "The best way to shut up (enlighten) the gun narcissist is to bring him to a course of fire and see what he can do with his perception is reality mentality."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think some expect to take on a whole gang by themselves! Not saying it couldn’t happen but definitely not the norm.
    One of my instructors said if you're practiced and proficient, you can get two; and if you're practiced, proficient and lucky, you might get three

Anything more than that is very unlikely; and the trend towards, what for want of a better term is 'armed overwatch', the presence of a physically distanced from the crime perp there to offer back-up, complicates these dynamics considerably

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One of my instructors said if you're practiced and proficient, you can get two; and if you're practiced, proficient and lucky, you might get three

Anything more than that is very unlikely; and the trend towards, what for want of a better term is 'armed overwatch', the presence of a physically distanced from the crime perp there to offer back-up, complicates these dynamics considerably
    So you are saying some of the tactical INGOers could not take out an entire squad by themselves if they have a big enough magazine.... :wow: my life feels shattered now.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    I can't believe you're not dead already. :D
    Nah, I’m a big boy that loves a good scrap And doesn’t mind getting my ass handed to me. The gun is only for those that have a weapon.
    maybe After I’m older and broke down, I’ll feel the need to carry a bigger gun.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    So you are saying some of the tactical INGOers could not take out an entire squad by themselves if they have a big enough magazine.... :wow: my life feels shattered now.
    Was gonna comment the same. Seems even John Rambo wouldn’t hold a candle to some on here…

Top Bottom