The my choice is the Only choice for Daily carry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think we all know that if you are going to carry a rock, it has to be the 4 inch granite model. Anything bigger is too big, anything smaller is too small. If you aren't carrying the 4 inch granite, you are just not serious about self and home defense.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I think we all know that if you are going to carry a rock, it has to be the 4 inch granite model. Anything bigger is too big, anything smaller is too small. If you aren't carrying the 4 inch granite, you are just not serious about self and home defense.
    4” red granite or 4” grey granite? Rough edges or smooth? It does matter! You cannot make such a general comment without repercussions!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I think people greatly exaggerate the difficultly of concealing and carrying a full sized firearm, at least if they're in a permissive environment. (If someone notices you're carrying there isn't legal or job loss consequence)

I personally believe everyone should be carrying at least glock 19 size firearms. I totally understand the need for deep concealment in non-permissive environments though, but there's not many people in that situation.
    Tombs, I kind of have to disagree! I have carried for over 30 years. I carried a Colt Double Eagle 45ACP (S/A -D/A) 8 round capacity for 20+ years. I am now 80 YO and that firearm is too heavy / large to comfortable carry and drive.

I now carry a Kimber Solo in 9mm (in a Galco ISTB holster. I have both 5 and 7 round magazines. It is very accurate and I carry +P+ ammo (the Solo is not guaranteed to feed low velocity ammo well). At normal Self Defense distances of less than 50 foot I am pretty sure I can put every round in a 3" circle even under stress!

I feel fully confident that I could ruin the day for any small group of assailants. I don't frequent areas where I might be facing a large group of attackers, even so I doubt a group would still be as violent after a couple three were shot!

My wife, my sons, and my grandsons all carry. I would hate to face my DIL's attempting them harm. One has shot her husband's S&W 500 mag and likes it but carries a 9mm!

One carries a 38spl revolver and has killed predators in her chicken yard at about 50 foot.

rfyockey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Lucasville
    It’s really easy to get drawn into these ‘latest greatest only carry option’ discussions. Think problem is the proliferation of manufacturers and how quick they can roll out new models and tweak old models. Case in point, Beretta. I rotate between Px4 Compact Carry and APX Carry. Perfectly happy with both pistols but Beretta is doing marketing blitz featuring their ‘new APX A1” with RDO slide and lighter trigger. Sure I’ll get slammed for sticking with the older model, but personally like the heavier trigger on striker fired pistol. It’s whatever works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Insecure lemmings! That is what someone that is too lazy to figure out what works best for themselves and simply jumps on some bandwagon. Then, someone has the gall to suggest that a different gun might be good too and their insecurity goes full on in attack mode to keep them happy with what they have already bought. Idiots often self identify quite clearly

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I shoot my Shield almost as well as my 1911 and both better than my 2.0 compact. Plus anything larger than the Shield is too cumbersome for my svelte physique.:)

These arguments go on and on. I do whole lot more than strap on a firearm to stay safe. The firearm is the last item of protection for me and the last thing I would implement.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is it just me or is there a proliferation of well if you don’t carry what I do your wrong and you [are] going to die if you only carry 8 rounds! I mean seriously what does it matter what some YouTube clown thinks is the only choice.

Really makes me wonder who is watching these idiots.
    Col. Cooper approves of this post

“It has never been clear to me why increased magazine capacity in a defensive pistol is particularly choice. The bigger the magazine the bigger the gun, and the bigger the gun the harder it is to get hold of for people with small hands. And what, pray, does one need all those rounds for? How many lethal antagonists do you think you are going to be able to handle? Once when Bruce Nelson was asked by a suspect if the thirteen-round magazine in the P35 was not a big advantage, Bruce’s answer was, “Well, yes, if you plan to miss a lot.” The highest score I know of at this time achieved by one man against a group of armed adversaries was recorded in (of all places) the Ivory Coast! There, some years ago, a graduate student of mine laid out five goblins, with four dead and one totaled for the hospital. Of course there is the episode of Alvin York and his eight, but there is some dispute about that tale. (If you read it over very carefully you will see what I mean.) Be that as it may, I see no real need for a double column magazine. It is all the rage, of course, and like dual air bags, it is a popular current sales gimmick.” - Col. Jeff Cooper

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Isn't just guns. Drivers who drive slower than me they are wrong. But drive faster than me and you're a crazy person.

It's pride. My way is better than your way because I'm a better person than you.
    Each person (myself included) is biased to believe that they dispassionately assess all available data and integrate that knowledge to make the best decisions possible

Nothing could be further from the truth

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    When the crowd gets rowdy at the buffet and I end up smooshed right up against someone, do they care if it's a single shot .22 Derringer or a 50 AE?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    When the crowd gets rowdy at the buffet and I end up smooshed right up against someone, do they care if it's a single shot .22 Derringer or a 50 AE?

I've actually IWB'd a 50 desert eagle before.

Less obnoxious than a 45/10mm glock!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Col. Cooper approves of this post
    Cooper was wrong here. His perspective and false bias that a couple rounds on target will stop every target. There are tons of videos of bad guys remaining lethal after catching a full magazine. One dude was walking through a firing squad. Synthetic uppers change the game and your 6 shot micro carry automatic or revolver are obsolete.

And don't give me tthat's why i live in the cOuNtRy, these things are crawling around in every rural town now. We are all only one late night dog walk away from finding one in the scrap pile behind the shed.

Top Bottom