The most I've ever seen in one place before...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Friday afternoon/evening driving down 37 I saw more wild turkeys in one place than I have ever seen before in my life, all previous sightings combined. I slowed down and began counting as quickly as possible but still drive safely. I got to 36 and I estimate that I only counted 1/3 of the turkeys in the field. It was unbelievable.

This was along 37 right near the Monroe/Lawrence county line.

And I do know what a wild turkey looks like. This is a cattle pasture, so its not like somebody just released some turkeys out in a pen.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I saw a similar site just weeks ago on the outskirts of Carbondale. Made a wrong turn and ended up in a nature preserve. There had to be 3-4 dozen wild turkeys in one group.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    The greatest turkey sighting I ever had was down at Lake Patoka during duck season. We were in my blind boat set up in the water with Tillery Hill behind us. As soon as it got to be daylight, at least 2 dozen turkeys started gliding down from their roost accross the lake, right over our heads. It was amazing to watch - soooo tempting to give one a pop, but thought better of it.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, that is one big bunch of turkeys

I have not seen a group of turkeys so large before. The largest that I know of is 50+ that my brother saw on our family farm in VA. I have seen a lot of turkeys along hwy 60 here in so. Indiana is the past few weeks, with the largest group being about 20.

Terry

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Didn't see deer down on the family farm this year down by Silverville, but did see lots of turkey for the first time. Needless to say I will be learning to turkey hunt this spring.

Top Bottom