• Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Nagant was a Belgian. Huh

Designed by Belgian arms designer Léon Nagant, this revolver was chambered in the 7.62x38 mmR cartridge. Nagant had previously designed a similar revolver for the Belgians in 1878, which was subsequently adopted by Norway, Sweden, Serbia and Luxembourg. This design differed from the others in the way that Nagant sought to solve the age-old problem of the loss of gas pressure as the bullet makes the jump from the revolver cylinder to the barrel breech. This gap can dramatically reduce projectile velocity and, in some older blackpowder arms, can cause chain-fires resulting in multiple rounds discharging at once. Nagant’s design utilized a cartridge with the bullet sunk into the body of the case, allowing the head of the cartridge to be pushed forward into the barrel as the revolver was fully cocked. By bridging this gap and eliminating the escape of gas pressure, it is estimated that 70 fps is added to the muzzle velocity of the projectile.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You can find it on Wiki, but careful, there is also a web site of the same name with some less than desirable effects. As per Brave.

The whole post has my spidy sense tingling.
    I've heard of Mosin Nagant, but not Mosen Negaunt. Post a link to whatever a Mosen Negaunt is.

Reactions: GMY

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Ive been reloading for over forty years, and this is a odd one. Just asking if anyone had any experience with it......
    Nothing wrong with trying to load a new cartridge. I believe some have had success shooting .32 long from the Nagant revolvers. You don’t get as good of a gas seal but it works. The Nagant is a .32 caliber rimmed cartridge same as some US cartridges. Use at your own risk etc….

GMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2024
    Covington Indiana 47932
    Nothing wrong with trying to load a new cartridge. I believe some have had success shooting .32 long from the Nagant revolvers. You don’t get as good of a gas seal but it works. The Nagant is a .32 caliber rimmed cartridge same as some US cartridges. Use at your own risk etc….
    I think I'm gonna pass on this one to be safe!!!!!!

Top Bottom