• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I didn't go to the show, but stopped by PSS about 4 and there was a guy there buying a Glock who said he walked around for a few minutes then left to go to PSS because of the BS at the show. He was all "I should have known better". Really, for me, the only reason I would go to the 1500 right now is to get something I couldn't get at the LGS and in this market - it's a gmable and probably a losing proposition.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I didn't go to the show, but stopped by PSS about 4 and there was a guy there buying a Glock who said he walked around for a few minutes then left to go to PSS because of the BS at the show. He was all "I should have known better". Really, for me, the only reason I would go to the 1500 right now is to get something I couldn't get at the LGS and in this market - it's a gmable and probably a losing proposition.

I thought about only going to my LGS today instead of the show, but I knew that they wouldn't have the ammo, weapons or variety of ammo that the show would have.

Last edited:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    That wasn't necessary, but thank you. By wandering around looking for prices I found the Auto Ordinance 1911's, but didn't buy, he was about $50 too high on the price.

I did buy 50 rounds of reloaded .40 S&W for $19.
    $19 for 50rds of .40 and $5 parking/12 admission=36 bones for that 50 rds. WOW!!!

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    IMHO, the show was a LOT watered down. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater and I love the 1500. My observations:

1) Much less guns at most of the dealers than even last time.
    2) Ammo prices are still silly. Much less ammo than usual, and people at many tables look like their capitalizing on their own stashes.
    3) I stopped pricing or benchmarking the cost per round of 223. There was some but many was still $1/rd.
    4) Seemed like 7.62 x 39 ammo was fairly plentiful, but still a bit high.
    5) I thought the new entry format was way better. +100 to the organizers. Less people jumping line because of the fences, bathrooms while you wait, climate controlled. Got there at 1pm, was inside by 2:20 or 2:25, and when I left at 4pm no line at all entering.
    6) The organizers have done a good job filling tables that once were filled with quality guns and ammo and pmags. The bad thing is some of the filler tables are covered with :poop: items.
    7) Pmags were back some and even saw Gen3 for $22/each or $25/each for windowed ones. The reasonable ones mentioned above were about out when I went back at 4ish to get some OD windowed ones.
    8) Glock mags still seemed high. Roughly $40 and up for Glock brand 9mm mags.
    9) AK mags seemed plentiful but also overpriced for the number of them. They shouldn't still be $25 or $30/ea IMO.
    10) Some cool knives there. Brad & Knife Lady had lots. There was also a booth in the back with all Benchmade knifes and Maxpedition gear. Seemed cool but I didn't price anything. I'd already paid for my group buy ESEE4 from Knife Lady.
    11) Much less people walking with stuff to sell. Maybe I wasn't looking as hard as usual but seemed like way less.

My :twocents:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    See any mosins?

There was a table with some nice Mosins on the far left wing (looking in when you enter) about in the middle back. A little high historically speaking, like $150-$180 for 91/30's, M44's for $200 and $300. But overall they were some of the cleanest and nicest I've seen. The $200 M44 had a blondish stock I really liked but I walked away.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Ditto, same as shoots4fun. I only got crop dusted once but many were walking around with their friend B.O.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    7) Pmags were back some and even saw Gen3 for $22/each or $25/each for windowed ones. The reasonable ones mentioned above were about out when I went back at 4ish to get some OD windowed ones.
    8) Glock mags still seemed high. Roughly $40 and up for Glock brand 9mm mags.

So PMags at about 2x list price is reasonable but Glock mags at less than 2x list price is high?. I'm just saying that if the Glock mag is high, then Pmag is too at that price. I wasn't in the market for Glock mags in Nov, but was for Pmags, so I am not sure of street pricing of Glock mags pre-panic - but I think they were more than Pmags back then.

It's impossible to know their wholesale pricing, but if the % markup for each is similar (maybe it %50 now vs %25 pre panic for example) - the more expensive items will be higher because they were more.

Not trying to do a lesson in retail 101, but just saying things are still high esp if street price of Pmags at a show a year ago were $8-9. $60 and $100.50 (yes you Elmores) Pmags were ridiculous. I understand marking them up to stop people from making a profit on resale, but that didn't really shock many who saw them there :rofl:

Archer1122

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    cheapest 22lr i saw was $15/100 cci standard velocity. I was out and got 4 boxes. didn't like it much though.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Please report prices of glocks and glock mags if you see them! I will reward with rep!

There was a guy in the big room that had several used clocks, your choice for $499. I'm thinking he was kind of in the middle of the middle of that room. I'm not in the market for one so I didn't pay attention to his location. I just know he still had several left late in the day today.

Good luck with your search.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There was a guy in the big room that had several used clocks, your choice for $499. I'm thinking he was kind of in the middle of the middle of that room. I'm not in the market for one so I didn't pay attention to his location. I just know he still had several left late in the day today.

Good luck with your search.

I would never pay that much for a clock, especially used. ;)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    cheapest 22lr i saw was $15/100 cci standard velocity. I was out and got 4 boxes. didn't like it much though.

Indy Custom Guns had 225 round boxes of Remington 22LR for $29.95. They are in the big room in the middle. They have a big yellow sign above their booth. I didn't buy any of it because my Mark III doesn't like Remington.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Gun selection is a little sparse too. I came here looking for an Auto Ordnance 1911 and haven't found one. Some dealers are charging tax and some are not.

I was disappointed too. I was looking more for solid and unique guns. I didn't really see anything even close to what I was looking for.

I didn't see any Tokarevs. I only saw one Makarov and I think it was close to $500.

I didn't even see any CZ 75's or anything equally impressive to look at.

Most of the older guns I saw were usually in rough shape and/or priced too high for what they were.

I was hoping to get more of a steel and wood fix today but it didn't happen. Most of the polymer guns just don't give me the same rush when I hold them as solid steel guns with wood grips do.

Top Bottom